Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 14, 2024, 02:23:23 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Friday almost...

Started by gene, May 26, 2016, 06:15:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

Since things have been a bit slow here on the old upholstery forum, I thought I would liven things up a bit with one of my favorite jokes.

Question: If you have a bee in your hand, what do you have in your eye?

Answer: Beauty.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

byhammerandhand

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

kodydog

Bee-holder. I get it. Took me a few seconds.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

Keith, is that auto correct kicking in? Did you actually type D R O N E ?

KodyD, it's interesting to tell this joke to someone who hasn't heard the proverb before. 

gene

kodydog

June 02, 2016, 05:31:30 pm #4 Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 05:32:32 pm by kodydog
Been having a lot of fun with this on fb. People just don't get it even when you give obvious clues. I think they just don't want to take the 30 secs to noodle it out.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

I had to take the battery out of my carbon monoxide detector at work today. The constant beeping was giving me a headache and making me feel noxious.

Hey, it is Friday!

gene

Virgs Sew n Sew

June 04, 2016, 08:12:22 am #6 Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 08:52:49 am by Virgs Sew n Sew
Out weeding in my lily patch and found the tiniest little robin, still breaking out of his egg.  Very windy today so I'm sure the wind blew the poor little guy down.  I mashed up some orange and banana into a paste and put a small pile by his beak as he kept opening and closing waiting for mama to put some food in there for him.  I'm also going to make a little shelter around him so he won't get cold tonight.  That is, if he doesn't die during the day.  Just don't have the heart to put him out of his misery and Bob didn't either.  Couldn't believe I came in the house in tears because of him.  He's such a little fighter but I have no idea where his nest is and if I could find it, it's way too high for us.  Our trees have been here for eons and I'd need a ladder just to reach the bottom branch.  So, his only hope is that I can keep him alive until he figures out how to fly and can go find his parents.

On a whim I called Animal Control and asked if they pick up baby birds too young to care for themselves and, as it turns out, we have a Wildlife Division in our Animal Control.  They were at our house within 10 minutes after my phone call and picked the little dude up.  I had mashed up some orange and banana and was feeding little sections to him.  He was adorable as he'd pop that beak wide open and then just kind of sucked on the fruit.  Then he'd start flipping around on the ground.  Hope he didn't hurt himself when his egg fell out of the nest.  At any rate, if he's seriously hurt, Animal Control will put him to sleep where he isn't suffering so I feel good about having called them.

Virginia
Fuck this place.