Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 14, 2024, 01:26:26 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Soft fabric identification?

Started by islandsewing, May 04, 2016, 07:23:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

islandsewing

May 04, 2016, 07:23:59 am Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:48:17 pm by islandsewing
http://imgur.com/zYxQ789

Good morning everyone. Do you know what this white soft material is? I need to get some to add to the cover over the engines. If not, something similar.
Thanks

islandsewing

Maybe no one could see the picture. It should work now.
I don't need it to look the same but I really need to order some material similar to this to add to the inside of a boat cover to go over the engines. Something soft that won't scratch the paint.

Thanks

Darren Henry

I have seen them use a material that looks a lot like a mattress pad from Wallmart etc... Just sayin'.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

MinUph

A nice flannel would do. Or a soft felt. Neither will hold up well but will protect the paint. It will be a hard find to have something soft that will hold up to the heat down there. But it should last a few years.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

RiCat

Hello. You might want to investigate Sunbrella Supreme. It has a flocking soft fiber on the underside made to protect paint surfaces for one thing. Suggestion: without going to expense of purchasing more than needed for paint protection, purchase just enough to either 1) make a slip cover for the tops of the engines then let the main cover lay over that to hold it in place 2) sew an extra layer under the main cover that will lay on top on the engines...

Regards
Rick