Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 27, 2024, 08:16:14 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Pattern tube storage

Started by brmax, February 16, 2016, 10:42:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

brmax

I could use some good locations if anyone has a tip.
Looking for cardboard tube types with maybe 3" dia max and up to 6' as I can always cut down.
I have some patterns in Tyvek and the likes and could use better storage something a bit tougher than a rubber band.
thanks
Floyd

Mike

I use the tubes my canvas come on I only store my patterns till the job id made. so I don't have a lot one or 2 boats at a time I used to store for repeat work
I used strataglass drums to store them you xan go vertical in a corner or horizontal under a table

gene

Many companies that sell corrugated boxes and other packaging materials also sell paper tubes. You can get paper tubes in any diameter and any length and any thickness.

I would think you could go with standard sizes rather than custom made.

Hope this helps.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

Have you tried a carpet place. Their tubes are big.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

brmax

omg what did I open, gone fishin now.
Thanks guys
Mike I'm to d slow my rolls are still holding some, unlike yours you go through more in a week than I might this year. but its fun that's all I got
(heres my sign)

Gene thanks I needed a brain rattle to get it going, will take a look around town, you know I'm talking freebies of course. joans probably dumpsters full

Paul excellent idea hd tubes for sure, possibly lowes and the depot, might just be the ticket.

Dennis that's hd and selectable on schedules, and could be any material right, all great ideas.

go pro or go home I say
Thanks Pros
Floyd

Mojo

Floyd:

Come on down to florida. Bring your pickup.

We burn piles of tubes every few weeks. Most are 60 inch 2 to 3 inches. I tried to get Miami
to take them back and re-use them but they said they are not worth the freight costs.

We go through so much fabric we end up with a major tube storage issue so end up burning them
or tossing them into the dumpster. I had a big burning party a few months ago and burnt over 50 of them. :)

Chris

Mike

ive got about 30 now to add to your  fire chris.

peppy would probably tie them together and go rafting