Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 25, 2024, 08:45:49 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Joe's Most Excellent Adventure

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, November 26, 2015, 02:08:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

Whew! 

Roads sucked just getting across town to George & Marci's house.  We were going less than 10 mph and Bob slammed into a curb.  No damage to my HHR but Bob seriously was ready to turn around and head back home.  I grumped at him as far as how disappointed George and his kids would be and finally we arrived. 

I gave George Joe's lead and told him that he would handle the introductions much better than I would.  He introduced in the family room and then took them all outside in the back yard (huge and actually shares a yard with their next door neighbors so it is two huge yards that can be accessed through a gate.  Huge!  Anyways, the three big dogs (Hillary - the remaining mastiff, Joe and Mittens, their lab/retriever puppy) all ran into the back yard and proceeded to run like there was no tomorrow.  Joe was having a ball.  I've never seen him run so fast or so hard.  Hillary was actually able to keep up with Joe and poor little Mittens was running as fast as her little legs would go but she just couldn't keep up.  I saw her grab Joe's tail a couple of times trying to slow him down.  Too funny!

Hillary got a little witchy a couple of times but Marcie put her in her place and that was that.  They had three long romp sessions in the back yard.  The snow made it all the more fun I'm sure.  When I got Joe's lead out to take him home, he was more than ready though to jump into the HHR and head for home.  He started snoring on the way home and is now zonked out in the spare recliner.

We "parents" decided that the play time was such a success we'll do it a couple of times a month.  It was very good for all three of them.  Mittens and Joe became immediate buds and Hillary loved running at Joe's speed.  Horton had a bad hip so he couldn't run fast or far.

As far as the adults day, we all ate way too much food.  It was all excellent.  Watched most of the Lions cream the Jets, talked and had a good time in general.  4+ hours was plenty of time and it's great to be back home.  A couple of inches of fresh snow to look at.

Hope all had a great day!

Virginia