Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 07:44:17 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Mystery Tool ID help.

Started by cthomps, October 07, 2015, 03:56:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

There's an old expression that you can eat everything on a hog but the squeal.

I was in the barrios of Juarez, Mexico and the street vendor shops all had signs for chicharron and had them hanging from the awnings.   Fried pig skins.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

kodydog

Mountain Oysters. That's what they called them in Hickory. Not sure how they cooked them. I never tried any.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mojo

Ed:

I sliced them about a 1/4 inch thick and fried mine in butter with alot of pepper. Salt them and then cut them up and eat them. Delicious. They are hard to find now unless you order them through a butcher.

Chris

gene

October 15, 2015, 07:24:02 pm #18 Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 07:24:36 pm by gene
I've had chitlins. Pig intestines. Actually, I had hot sauce with a little chitlins. This was the only time I used the word "rank" to describe something I was eating.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mojo

They can really stink up a kitchen when cooked. I was watching a TV show once where the woman and man were getting a divorce. The husband got the house and an hour before his arrival she threw on some chitlins. :)

I had several buddies who were hunters so I have had alot of different meat. Racoon, black bear, mule deer, antelope, ostrich, wild boar, gator and yes I have had kangaroo steak when visiting my In Laws in Oz. The best out of all of them was the Black Bear roast. The bear was taken by a buddy of mine in the UP of Michigan. It's diet was wild berries, etc and that roast was chuck full of flavor and tender. The Roo tastes just like venison. I worked with a guy from Mexico a long time ago and he used to boil cows head and eat the meat from it. It actually is not to bad.

My Grandma used to render her own lard and made her own soap. It was a tough life for them back then and I remember them telling me they farmed my great grandfathers place with teams of horses.

Chris

kodydog

That's neat Chris,
My great grandma and grandpa owned a farm near Hudson Michigan. Yes it was hard work. My grandpa told me he couldn't wait to leave and as soon as he graduated high school he did. He became a surveyor and later got his engineering certificate. He then became city manager of Grand Rapids for 30 years. His brother stayed at the farm until he couldn't do it anymore.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html