Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 10:17:32 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Hard to find hardware and supplies

Started by byhammerandhand, April 25, 2015, 01:56:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

April 25, 2015, 01:56:35 pm Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 02:55:10 pm by byhammerandhand
Lately, I've had a hard time finding a local supply of a couple of odd-ball items.  Today was 1/2" x 23 ga. micro-pins.

I found both at HomeDepot.com.   Though not stocked in the store, it was easily available via their "ship to store" option (free shipping).   Pick up was easy and quick (even gave me a bottle of water for using the service).  If the item does happen to be available at the store, the web site tells you how many at your "home store" and even which aisle to find it in.  But there are a lot of items that are not stocked in the stores, but available online only.  Not sure how they make any money on this.   My previous item was less than $4, they put in a nice box with bubble wrap and FedEx shipped to the store.  But I'm not complaining.  Beats paying $10 shipping on a $4 item.

Many places have a similar service (Ace, DoItBest, Lowe's, Menard's, Wal*mart) to name a few in case you don't have a HD handy.   But I've found their service one of the best.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison