Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 09:28:05 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Contour Chair lounge Model M100

Started by jsquail, March 26, 2015, 11:30:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jsquail

Picked up a Contour Chair Lounge today and I am planning on re-upholstering it. It has some work spots in the vinyl. Any odea how many yards of material I can expect to purchase for somethin like this?

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii222/jsquail/2015-03/8C71CADB-EAAF-42A4-8B62-4F173CE4D14D.jpg

Thanks for any help!
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas

sofadoc

It's been a long time since I did one of those. I think I remember it taking around 9 yards. That should give you enough for the base parts underneath.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

baileyuph

March 26, 2015, 06:00:36 pm #2 Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:42:59 am by DB
The last one I did was something around 9 yards.  There is more work there than meets the eye, the chairs are getting older and underneath work has to be done, maybe spring repairs.

Good luck, take your time and do it right and it should turn out right.
Which way the stretch in the vinyl is important and as a result there is some waste of vinyl.  You are using vinyl?

Doyle

jsquail

Thanks for the yardage estimates. that will give me a cost idea.  I pretty much bough this chair with the intent of keeping it, but my wife isnt keen on it. At least I get some upholstery practice from it.

Likely using vinyl on it, but i havent decided which one yet. I am open to suggestions......
Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas