Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 03:26:35 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Cleaning S-clean (solvent, dry cleaning) fabrics

Started by byhammerandhand, January 05, 2015, 02:53:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Darren Henry

I doubt it's still done, but back in the day, we used to wash our combats etc... in naptha while we were on scheme because it dried so fast and we usually didn't have time to wait for water to evaporate. We did get jacked up for smoking while doing our laundry---so it was all good.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

kodydog

January 08, 2015, 06:51:21 am #2 Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:55:54 am by kodydog
Here's what sticks in the back of my mind. How do you get that gasoline smell out once the cleaning is done. I don't care how many times you rinse its still going to be there.

Here's another thing. gasoline is a pretty harsh product. Seems it would do more damage than good.

Thank's for the link Mr. Hammer. I never heard of such a thing. I have been known to use lighter fluid to spot clean at times.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Darren Henry

My uncle owned a dry cleaner/laundromat before he retired. Dry cleaning solution (perk) is first cousin  to naphtha. It airs out better than lighter fluid, which is "oilier".

Quotegasoline is a pretty harsh product

DISCLAIMER: I never saw anyone try to do their Old ladies " unmentionables" in the field. You'd have to ask Virgina about that. Grin!
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!