Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 07:28:34 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

First day of winter

Started by Darren Henry, December 22, 2014, 08:02:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

So a month ago I was on here whining about how unseasonably cold we were.[thirty below with the wind chill] I feel compelled to brag about the start to our Canadian winter (so far). Yesterday was the first day of winter officially. I woke up to -3 *C (27 F) in Brandon. It was up to -1*C by the time I got to Kenora,currently we're right at the freezing mark of 0 enroute to +2 or 34*F. The roads are a little greasy but tthe ice fog is burning off. Should be a decent couple of days.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

SteveA

Sounds like a heat wave Darren - with the price of fuel dropping + temps rising - it's all good.
Make sure the chimney is clear for Santa -
SA

byhammerandhand

We're supposed to get near 60F in the next day.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Mike

71 F here tonight had a high of 80f   

kodydog

I'm looking forward to longer days.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Virgs Sew n Sew

Woke up to find a fresh blanket of snow.  Jimmy and I went out to discover that it is still snowing.  Officially it would probably be considered light snow.  So beautiful.  I have nowhere to go.  Everyone has to come to me : ) so I'm loving it.

Virginia

Darren Henry

Quotewith the price of fuel dropping + temps rising - it's all good.

Gas had been $.109.9 /litre for the longest time in Brandon (south west Manitoba). It dropped to $.989 and then $.949just before I left. It was $.869 in south central Manitoba (Winnipeg etc...) and only $,999 here in Northwest Ontario where it is usually fifteen cents or better more than the 'Peg. 4.54 litres = 1 U.S gallon [forget how many in an imperial gallon] so saved enough to put some more goodies in her stocking. grin.

Did the UK/ Oz get under the $2 point?
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!