Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 27, 2024, 07:49:52 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Gimp trim

Started by sofadoc, June 30, 2010, 06:53:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

I took in a large antique job in which the customer selected a light blue velvet. I showed him a Conso gimp chart to pick a matching gimp from. I didn't know that many of the colors on my chart had been dropped. Now, I'm stuck with the fabric unless I can find the gimp somewhere else (he won't take double cording). I've been looking at E-Bay, and other online sites with no luck so far. The gimp was called M55 on the outdated Conso chart. Anybody know of a good source with a wide selection of colors?
The color is a powder blue.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Pikachu

Don't know if this will help, but I'll throw it out there.

http://www.beards-cosden.com/samples.asp

sofadoc

Thanx Pikachu, a couple of those look pretty close. I'll call them tomorrow.

Joys Shop

Try Dubois
they have some of the discontinued gimp

If, the first person you talk to says they don;t have it, have them double check
When I called a couple months ago for a discontinued gimp, I was told they didn't have it, then they called back a few minutes later to say that they did, in fact, have it

414-483-1002
I believe is the number

sofadoc

Way to go Joy! Dubois had it. This will keep me from eating a fabric order. Thanks.

Joys Shop

Glad I could help someone

coolgee6

I have a customer that wants me to replace about half of his eisenglass. How can I do this and get the zippers to match up? Should I also replace the zipper half in the window pieces that I am not replacing? I am also concerned about getting the new pieces to fit good without wrikels etc. so what is the best way to pattern the replacement windows?
ahsan

sofadoc

Welcome coolgee

You probably need to start a new thread in order for the people who can answer your question to see it.

Good luck, Dennis