Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 25, 2024, 11:31:31 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

How is a flange furniture skirt made?

Started by baileyuph, November 22, 2014, 06:38:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

In a prior discussion regarding skirts; kick and boxed pleats were discussed and there other types I have knowledge such as gathered - shirred - and?  But the term flange skirt came up in reading which raised the question about how it is made?

Flange cannotes a shape change on the edge, but it isn't clear the flange is in skirts and how it is made?

Maybe some of you have the explanation.

I have worked with mechanical round objects with a flange around the perimeter and perhaps seen flanges on wood turnings; on furniture - don't catch on. 

Doyle

sofadoc

I'm not sure if I understand what you're talking about.
Is it a skirt with a small flange sewed in front of it?
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/129971139222047873/
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

bobbin

Flange skirt:  (going out on a limb here) I'd say it refers to a knife edge "pleat" arrangement... could be way off the mark, however!

I make skirts in pcs. when I do slipcovers.  I use a separate pc. for the underskirt where a "pleat" is called for.  It may seem like "more work" but I find it's an easier way to deal with bulk and guarantee a cleaner, more accurate, and crisp result.  I charge accordingly. 

chrisberry12

This could mean several things, Flange: like the link above, or it could just be a pleated skirt, normally a pleat every 4" sometimes lined sometimes not. Or it could be a skirt with a tape or border on the bottom edge of the shirt, but more then likely a flange added to the skirt. I did a job where all the fusions had a ruffled flange on them.

Chris

sashasuman

Hello everyone.  I am wondering if anyone knows who makes Aqualon fabric for marine or where in the USA it is made?  Also does anyone have any feedback on the product?  Likes or dislikes?
Unlock the key of your success by 200-001 dumps and Testking By using our latest www.ciis.edu and ju study material