Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 25, 2024, 04:53:38 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Instant re-threader

Started by byhammerandhand, November 27, 2014, 07:32:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

November 27, 2014, 07:32:41 am Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:29:55 am by byhammerandhand
Just ran across this product for restoring stripped threads on that hard to replace piece of hardware.  http://www.familyhandyman.com/smart-homeowner/diy-home-improvement/amazing-repair-products?utm_content=buffer520b4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer#7

There are a few other good products in this listicle.  I use the epoxy sticks for filling and epoxy glue regularly.   This week I had to repair a 60" long spindle from a footboard that a teenager decided to sit on and fracture right in the middle.  Epoxy to the rescue.  The epoxy sticks, e.g., QuikWood are great for securing hanger bolts into feet that have stripped out the wood part.

Another product that I discovered about a year ago is Titebond's No Run, No Drip glue.   It is very thick and is about the only thing I've ever seen that will glue end-grain to end-grain wood.
http://www.titebond.com/product.aspx?id=a1e18a48-c721-4b0b-8f63-259c477919e0

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

SteveA

I'm a glue junkie - and epoxies are usually my go to glue but don't tell the dealers who want to see glue cooking.
Bondo for woodworking ? On many sites you might get a major argument about that !  No doubt though their products work well and set up fast.
I had picked up some of that quick wood in HD and liked it for the color but after hardening it was still a tiny bit soft.
End grain to end grain - I guess the floor guys might like that glue.
SA