Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

July 07, 2024, 05:56:03 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

It has been a while

Started by Backwoods, November 11, 2014, 07:50:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Backwoods

Have not posted in a long time basically have retired still have all my equipment. Have been doing things for fun a couple small projects nothing over the top. Getting ready to do some things for myself Have a new older car to do, just have not decided how I want to do it. Other than that not much on upholstery work. Oh does anyone have any plans on building a rolled arm bench want to build one for my sons photo studio I just don't do much furniture.

Thank A Vet
Never forget our VETERAN's it is not a bad word it is an HONOR.      May GOD Bless Them

kodydog

You know what they say, upholsterers never retire...

We built a rolled arm bench very similar to this one for a designer in town. She was going to buy one retail but we told her we could do it for less money and higher quality. The frame was very simple to design and build. She picked a woven wicker type fabric for the base and a red cotton floral print for the seat and arms. I wish I had a picture, maybe the wife does.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Backwoods

Nice unit quality work. that's about what I was thinking.
Never forget our VETERAN's it is not a bad word it is an HONOR.      May GOD Bless Them

Darren Henry

Welcome back stranger. If that is what you wanted I'll toss in my .02$ on how I'd build it. It would be 3 separate pieces lag bolted together after they were upholstered [2 in the front , one in the rear---from the seat into the arms].

I've always used soft wood for frames. [ I know---but trust me it works]. the arms would be 3/4 " plywood plates front and back with a 2X? on the flat at the bottom and a 2X? on edge to attach to the deck. add tee nuts if using threaded legs. I'd have a 2x2 at the "notch " where the outside arm attaches and then a series of them glued and screwed around the top of the arm until you reach the flat part of the inside arm.

the seat deck would be a 2X? box or 3/4" plywood if you are making it taller than your lumber store has 2X?s. Cut the front and back to finished length and have the ends "inside" them along with the spreaders in the middle. Again glued and screwed. Your choice as to furni-web or sinuous springs.

Pad and upholster, then just bolt it together.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!