Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 25, 2024, 06:44:25 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Hobbies / Passions Anyone ??

Started by Mojo, September 18, 2014, 06:17:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

October 10, 2014, 07:17:12 pm #30 Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 07:23:07 pm by Mike
thanks june I liked it but looks like the boat id going I was surprised who better   could the lady have inspect the boat then one of the cast from ship shape tv and he was thinking he had a friend who would like the shade

gene

October 11, 2014, 06:41:19 am #31 Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 06:44:13 am by gene
QuoteLake Supe. can get nasty. Ask the crew of the Edmond Fitzgerald.

Darren, I can't. They're all dead. The history of the Edmond Fitzgerald is fascinating. The captain was blamed for leaving water tight doors open. That's the only way that ship could have disappeared so fast. Many years later when submersibles were designed that could go down to the bottom of Lake Superior, they saw that the ship had broken in two. Loaded with iron ore, it probably was lifted up from the center of the ship by a wave and the weight literally broke the ship in two. All the water tight doors were secured, by the way.

Can anyone read the words "Edmond Fitzgerald", and not have the song by Gordon Lightfoot start playing in your head?

Lake Superior can go from calm to gale for winds in 20 minutes.

Wear a life preserver in case you go in the water. This helps S&R to find your body easier.

Out on Isle Royal a few years ago, I was talking to a captain of a US Coast Guard vessel that had just docked there. We were talking about Lake Superior weather. His ship is designed to roll upside down and then to right itself. He pointed to the antenna on top of his ship. He said the tip of that antenna is 30 feet above the water and two weeks earlier out on Lake Superior he had waves breaking above the antenna.

Lake Superior: Unsalted and shark free.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Quote from: gene on October 11, 2014, 06:41:19 am
Can anyone read the words "Edmond Fitzgerald", and not have the song by Gordon Lightfoot start playing in your head?
Any time I hear "Edmond Fitzgerald", I  think of ALL Gordon Lightfoot songs. And then for some reason, my mind automatically drifts over to Harry Chapin songs.

So if you mention "Edmond Fitzgerald", within a couple of minutes I'm humming "Cat's in the Cradle". Or that damn song where the Taxi driver meets his old flame.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Virgs Sew n Sew

Quote from: sofadoc on October 11, 2014, 07:29:36 am
Any time I hear "Edmond Fitzgerald", I  think of ALL Gordon Lightfoot songs. And then for some reason, my mind automatically drifts over to Harry Chapin songs.

So if you mention "Edmond Fitzgerald", within a couple of minutes I'm humming "Cat's in the Cradle". Or that damn song where the Taxi driver meets his old flame.

Ditto on Gordon Lightfoot in conjunction with Edmond Fitzgerald.

Worse than the Taxi Driver song is the second Taxi Driver song.  In that song, they meet up again, she's left her husband, they do the nasty and he cries.  UGH.  Same music, just different verses.  I'm not a big fan of the first and the second is absolutely horrendous.

Love "Edmond Fitzgerald" BTW and a lot of GL.  Have both of his greatest albums, err CD's and they're great!

Virginia

Mike

October 14, 2014, 08:05:22 pm #34 Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:06:01 pm by Mike
Quote from: Virgs Sew n Sew on October 11, 2014, 02:15:58 pm
Quote from: sofadoc on October 11, 2014, 07:29:36 am
Any time I hear "Edmond Fitzgerald", I  think of ALL Gordon Lightfoot songs. And then for some reason, my mind automatically drifts over to Harry Chapin songs.

greatest albums, err CD's and they're great!

Virginia
now it mp3s or tracks I dono its just music on my phone