Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 09:23:38 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Brandon makes record book

Started by Darren Henry, September 25, 2014, 04:05:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

I had mentioned in a recent post how we are having better weather now than we did for most of a cool and extremely wet summer [the river is still over it's banks on 18th st/ just inside it's banks by my place on 1st]. Today we were the Canadian hotspot (according to environment Canada) at 32.4 deg. C or 92 F. That was measured at the airport 2 miles north of the city on the bald-assed prairie. The radio station I listen to at work reported 34 outside their studios in the industrial area on the east side of town. It was also a record daily high for this date for Brandon, beating the 31.1 (90 F) recorded in 1950. Normal high is 15 C (60-ish on the old scale). In fact all of Canada , including the far north, was above freezing today (0 deg.C). The cold spot was Churchill Manitoba---still south of 60, but you can see it from there if you stand on a polar bear.

Hard to believe Christmas is 3 months away * and that MINUS 34 is not all that uncommon, even way down here.

* I could use a new boss, and some work pants (28X30, blue would be nice) if anyone is stuck. LOL.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Darren Henry

Turns out that 34 was "official". We hit 33 today so broke the record from 1956 (30.6 ). I don't know how you Floridians do this day in day out. We only have 46% humidity and after a couple of days of this we're all looking for an air conditioned restaurant with really slow service after work.

It's supposed to get back to normal by   Sunday, with you guessed it , rain. My youngest step son is in Alberta and always brags about the weather. [ they get chinooks in the winter] He is  on his way to Winnipeg to see his Mom and should arrive about the time the heat wave breaks. You know I'm going to be razzin' the pants off him for bringing the cold wet weather.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

yesterday Darren my t tsirt was wringing wet after working outside. I don't think we made it abovr hight 80s
f today. you beat us. but you don't work long outside in summer and after I do im done for the day even if it 2pm after doing a pattern I go home early