Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 29, 2024, 01:21:28 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Furniture Skirt designs - simple thought

Started by baileyuph, November 27, 2014, 07:34:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

December 05, 2014, 04:59:59 pm #15 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 05:02:03 pm by gene
YOU DON'T HAVE FIREFOX? LOL

I'm getting so many folks saying to me, "YOU DON'T HAVE TEXTING? I'm thinking that I should probably turn it on. But then I'd need to find out what all the abbreviations mean. W/E

I'll start posting both links from photobucket so those who are 'right click' challenged can see the big picture.

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz228/genejoe/th_DSCF3192_zps61979b63.jpg

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

baileyuph

December 07, 2014, 06:55:57 am #16 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:34:05 pm by DB
The right click approach did not offer the options on this end either.  Tried it several times and nothing, but interesting to learn when logging off the enlarged picture was the wall paper on the table top screen.

That was a headache for a while for it reapeared when logging off and logging back on.

Had to go into the bowels of the system to get rid of it it, took a few minutes.  A computer expert looked at it and said it looked like there was some hacking ..........

That was perplexing,

The right as well as the left clicking isn't a stranger to me.  Do a lot of that (buzz explore etc).

Nice work Gene, how long to do a chair like that.  Do you normally do skirted slips without buckram?  Just wondering.  Suppose it just depends, most things do.  

This newer furniture, are many skirting that when doing slips?  

Thanks,

Doyle

gene

December 08, 2014, 04:15:48 pm #17 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:16:45 pm by gene
Quotesaid it looked like there was some hacking
Maybe that's how Sony got hacked. Someone went to their web site and right clicked on the pictures.  ;D

Thank you for the compliment, Doyle. A chair like that can take 1 to 3 hours less time then reupholstering the entire chair, depending on pattern match, chair details, etc. This is why I charge as much as I do. I base my pricing on the amount of time it takes me.

This wing back came in at 5 1/2 hours. There are 6 places where I did top stitching. The slipcover gets taken off to the sewing machine and put back on many times as it's being made.

I never use buckram. I dont' know how buckram would do when dry cleaned. I always try to make the skirt with folded face fabric (no lining). This seems to help it lay nicer.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

bobbin

Still no luck enlarging the shot.  Bummer.  I pattern on site, I don't wish to be in the furniture moving business.  Many years in the garment biz have honed my "fitting skills".