Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 06:13:00 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

The things people do

Started by Mike, August 06, 2014, 10:17:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

August 06, 2014, 10:17:59 am Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:20:55 am by Mike
So this morning i go over to a local dealer (actualy next month im opening a shop at there facility)
To see this ponton i made a forward bimini on. Last month.

Seems the guy never takes the cover off nevermind putting the tops down when trailering.  So when it was parking the boat hos wife probably went in the house and left him to back the  boat in alone a d with the tops up he did t see the tree breaking the rear frame completely off.
So he has a trip to key west this wekend a d asked if the forward top could be made to offer shade alone. So i was asked to add snaps to hold the tail end of the cron top to the boat and add straps.     I did but this is what i saw in the yard also a old pontoon with home done upholstery.  The fold and staple method.
Lol. This takes the cake. Lol.

bobbin

I always roll my eyes when I see someone cruising down the highway at 65-75mph and the bimini on the ski boat is shakin' to beat the band.  :)

Mike

those seats the guy didn't even try

Mojo

My 10 yr old Granddaughter could have done a better job on those seats. OMG.............Really ??

It is so bad it is comical.............:)

Chris

Darren Henry

Those are "stylin'" ROFL.

hey, anybody remember that video of the guy who make the <$200 bimini top with tarps,PVC pipe, and duct tape a few years ago that got posted here? HILLARIOUS, but I lost the link moving from one computer to another somewhere. If any body still has it please post for the new members---Friday would work right in  :D
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

August 06, 2014, 05:04:59 pm #5 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 05:05:24 pm by Mike
the dealer took iy on trade and said it will be a good project after I move in  , so ill have a good before and after for the net  :)

Mojo

Here ya go Sgt Major...............:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsMq_cX4u8U

Watching this video and seeing how cheap and easy these tops are has brought me to the conclusion
that you Marine fabricators are expensive and over charge. :)

Chris

byhammerandhand

Yo, yo, yo.

I couldn't bear to watch more than a minute  of this, ya know.    And I know nothing about boats or marine uph.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Darren Henry

that's the one---thanks Col.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!