Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 03:15:28 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Summer slowwwwww

Started by Mike, July 14, 2014, 10:44:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

Slow here too.  And the suppliers I've visited in the last two weeks said the same thing - not much going on.  I'm enjoying it but a little worried that the economy may slip again. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

I e noticed that my suppliers run  out of the simple things needed to complete a job.
Like stap buckles for tops  or pad eyes/ strap eyes.

Virgs Sew n Sew

I've been hopping all summer.  I did luck into the job with the pontoon covers so that helped out a bunch.  Also, always have an alteration in my closet waiting for me to get to.

But, in the last month I've gotten the pontoon covers, several small jobs that were in/out in several days time, 48 chairs for a restaurant to reupholster, a fabulous antique loveseat/chair combo.  I'm also talking with a woman about recovering 2 couches but I have to get the Volkswagon finished.  That has been a real slow process but should be putting the new top on this week.  That's when it will get fun since I didn't take the top off, I'm pretty clueless what hardware goes where.

At any rate, I've been moving at top speed all summer and don't see it changing for the foreseeable future.

Virginia