Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 22, 2024, 07:21:28 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Upholstery Gun

Started by jimmyspenser, July 22, 2014, 08:31:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyspenser

Hi

I wanted to purchase an upholstery gun and stapler. I have been using the BEA long nose at my class, however to purchase this model and silent compressor is quite expensive.

I have looked at JA Milton, however does anyone else have any other recommendations.

Thanks
#1 Southeast Sewing Company since 1983 SewingMachine.com

kodydog

My first compressor was bought second hand. It was home made from a car air conditioner compressor and an electric motor from an old refrigerator. I used it for years. I'm not suggesting you build one but look on Craigs list for a second hand one.

Sometimes you can find Bea staple guns on ebay.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

chrisberry12

check ebay for the GMC silent portable compressor. This is a great portable for around 299 or you can get a new Makita hotdog tank for 199. both are excellent compressors easy on the wallet. Next you can go to internationaltool.com and pick up a Porter and Cable upholstery staple gun for $89, just don't drop it, it is made out of cast aluminum. My favorite gun is an older model Rainco. You can find both products on ebay used and get great deals. if you do not want to spend that much, go to Harbor Freight and buy their wide crown staple gun for $30 and replace when it breaks.