Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 22, 2024, 06:33:04 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Guarantees

Started by kodydog, July 15, 2014, 06:54:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

What kind of guarantees do you give?

I read this in a business site I visited recently.

"Guarantee - Can you offer a guarantee so strong that no one else in your industry would dream of doing it. This one frightens some people but, you probably guarantee your work anyway. Lifetime warranty on workmanship."

This is true. If my work starts falling apart before the fabric wares out I fix it. So why not tell people this. Why not use this in advertising.

Springs, foam and frame joints would have to be excluded. People can be pretty rough on furniture. But as far as my re-upholstery and sewing skills and such, why not?
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mojo

Currently I am the nations leader in warranty length. No other awning/topper company can match my warranty - 3 years. Only one offers 2 years and the rest are 1 year. Of course the the fabric is guaranteed for 5 years and the Solarfix thread is for the life of the fabric.

Trust me when I say I market the hell out of my warranty length. I shove it down my competitors throat knowing none will step up and match mine. The reason being is everyone else uses Poly thread and they cannot afford to warrant for more then 2 years. I get a ton of business just based on the warranty by making sure every prospective customer knows what my time length is and what the others offer.

It drives sales Big Time for us. I am sure some of you are wondering if I have been hit with warranty claims and I can proudly say I have had 3 over the course of the last few years. 2 of them were backed by Recacril and Miami and 1 I ate the cost on and even then it really was not my fault. I covered the warranty out of wanting to provide good customer service. In the end that customer brought in several thousand to me through referrals as he posted all over the internet about how we stand behind our product.

Warranty is a BIG thing with us and a major part of our overall marketing plan.

Chris

SteveA

My contact  says there is no warrantee or fitness for a particular purpose expressed or implied.
This is mentioned only when folks are the cause of a labor or material failure and I can explain why. Any other after service failure issues I repair at my expense gladly.  Thankfully it seldom happens but when it does I'd rather refund something than do it over and folks seem to rather take a cash back allowance -  it's never fun doing something over again but it does happen
SA