Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 07:25:01 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Unsure What These Are Called

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, June 09, 2014, 07:23:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

My outdoor furniture customer knew that there was fabric left from that project.  When I delivered, he loaded my car with his next project for me.  I checked my fabric and I barely have enough to do this, I think.

Problem is that I'm not sure what these are called so I'm having trouble googling these.

He gave me two boxes of furniture foam (at least that's what he says it is).  Each box has two foam pieces that are the same shape.  One box is chair shaped and one is couch shaped (a 2 cushion couch).   What he wants is to have them upholstered using the remnants of his cheap Hobby Lobby fabric but what he wants is to have the fabric sewn so that they can be positioned as a chair or unfolded lengthwise.  Does this make sense to anyone here?  If so, what is the technical name for this so that I can research how to tackle this project?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide me!

Virginia (Virg's Sew & Sew)

Virgs Sew n Sew

OK, I think maybe he's talking about convertible couches, etc.

Anyone with any experience with them?

Thanks!