Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 11:17:04 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

my own stuff

Started by Mike, May 31, 2014, 11:56:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

last week I reupholstered my new seadoo seat , hnce the allsport thread

today I took some left over sunbrella and make a new cover

Mike

May 31, 2014, 02:49:54 pm #1 Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 02:51:08 pm by Mike
What all did you work on today?  

Raining this evning i can see the grass green

MinUph

Our seamstress' last day was friday so I went in and cleaned the cutting / sewing room. WOW. My wife and I spent 5 hours there. It's nice a neat now and clean.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike

who going to do the sewing now paul?

MinUph

Me until we find replacement.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

PDQ

June 01, 2014, 06:09:38 am #5 Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 06:18:01 am by PDQ
Nice covers, Mike. Funky!  :)

Today I is mostly patterning a sprayhood on the town quay in the sun. Yes, we do get sun sometimes. :)
The quay is packed with grockles and locals, mostly grockles. It's not a good time to drop the frames whilst trying to string up on your own when they're all sat down watching your every move.  :-[

Edit:
Forgot to add; A lady came up to me and asked what size boat I was on, apparently there was a disagreement between a group of people about the size. I replied, 'buggered if I know love, I'm only a covermaker'. :)

Grebo

Today,
Cleaning the frigging house :-(
Not been done for ages & we are falling over the balls of fur rolling around the place ( think tumbleweed )
The OH has been making up a frame to put over the out side of a window, we have an invasion of Bees. All been a bit tricky as the window is a good 30 ft up & we don't have a ladder that tall. Plus the Bees are coming in & out so measuring up& getting it in place has been 'interesting'.

Suzi

PDQ

__
                      //  \
                      \\_/ //
   ''-.._.-''-.._.. -(||)(')           
                     '''
           _
          / /        .'''.
     =O(_)))) ...'     `.
          \_\           `.    .'''
                           `..'

Mike

suzi is that going to be for a window awning?    when I have time and money id like to build some for my house

Allan

Someone has too much time on their hands

Allan

Darren Henry

QuotePlus the Bees are coming in & out so measuring up& getting it in place has been 'interesting'.

Over here the bee-keepers try to work in the coldest part of the day (dawnish here) when the bees are less active, and "shoo" them away with a bit of smoke.

Quotethe window is a good 30 ft up & we don't have a ladder that tall.

Just a thought---If our frame were hinged in the centre , could you pass it out through the window from the inside and then open it and attach with small "L" brackets or hooks etc...from inside??
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

Mike your work is amazing. That seat looks as good or better then the factory job. Awesome dude. I keep telling you that your the master..............:)

Saturday the cleaning lady came and did a big cleaning job on the house. It needed it badly. The wife has been battling health issues and been too sick to do much cleaning. I have been buried in orders and have had no time. So to allow her time to rest I hired a cleaning lady to come in and clean.

Things here are just plain nuts. It is the end of the school year for her so she has had graduations, and then finals to prepare, administer and grade and she has been buried in work while trying to get through her sickness. I am banging out orders left and right and they just seem to keep coming in. It gets real frustrating.

Hoping things slow down soon so we can do a road trip to see the Grandkids. I also need to make another long run with the poison injections. :(

Chris

Grebo

Darren, yes we did get it though the window between blasts of wasp killer ( can't buy Bee killer for obvious reasons )
It was enough to make them cough & stay away long enough.
The window blinds 'persianas' are a bad design. Wooden slates wind up into a box over the window which is inset into the wall cavity, trouble is even with the blind right up there is still a gap which anything can crawl up into. We are going to try some draftproofing strips to see if that will block it up.

No Mike it's just a screen, like mosquitoe screens.

We have metal framed pre formed sunblinds over a couple of windows, my job to replace the canvas this year.

Suzi