Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 11:14:09 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

good customers

Started by Mike, April 21, 2014, 11:10:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

there good and bad but today I had good a repeat customer talked me down on a package deal,  probably watched to much tv so today when I finished his cover and cushions, I got a $100 tip . :)

scott_san_diego

That is great feeling, when you do have a customer give you a tip like that.  I have had that happen to me a couple of times myself.
Congratulations.....

SteveA

Mike it sounds like it was a push - he talked you down but came through with a nice tip. 
I guess it's part to the strategy in dealing with customers.  You keep the customer and somewhat maintain your price.
Now why does the public have to discount tradesman's prices.  I'd like to see him walk into the Dr's office and tell administration how much they should charge for services.
SA

sofadoc

Quote from: SteveA on April 21, 2014, 03:27:11 pm
Mike it sounds like it was a push - he talked you down but came through with a nice tip. 
Yeah. Basically, he tipped you with your own money.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

ya I know sofa but at least he did. sometimes I get a extra 20 but not often.

Mojo

I never get tips, ever. It would seem that dealing with people who have piles of cash I would but I don't.

But there is one thing they do for me............hand out business cards and give me referrals and pump me up on private forums. :)

I have one customer who is a multi millionare ( he owns 60 Mc'Donalds stores ). He didn't tip me but has sold half a dozen big jobs for me. He carries my cards with him and hands them out to his friends as he travels.

It would be nice once to get a tip but I never get to meet the majority of my customers. Hell I rarely ever talk to them on the phone. It is all e-mails.

Chris

Mike

you got it good chris, dealing with the people as I di has its downside. like tomorrow I have to go install some canvas so I couldn't order some vinyl today as I wont be around to get the delivery so ill have day when I cant get nothing done. I miss when I never left my shop in NH all work came to me and I was always there to work and get deliveries . seems you get an order make it when you can ship it and get paid I always am dealing with if a customer is using the boat when I can work on it or if they have left town whe n I am done and want to be paid ect

bobbin

I'm starting to see referrals from happy customers, too.  I can count at least 5 new customers this year that were referred by people I did work for last year.  It takes awhile for the word to get out (which can mean some lean mos., lol) but this year is shaping up to be easier than last.  (I hope I've not sabotaged it by saying that). 

(don't get tips much, either, Mike!)

sofadoc

I once delivered furniture to a home in an upscale Dallas neighborhood. The son let me in, and told me that his mom was conducting important business on the phone. He tossed me the remote, and invited me to watch TV while I waited.

After more than 30 minutes of flipping through the channels, I was starting to get hot under the collar. My time is just as valuable to me as hers is to her.

She finally came out, and showed me where to put everything.

When she wrote me the check, she included a $100 tip for making me wait so long.

100 bucks for watching TV for 35-40 minutes........not a bad day.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban