Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 07:31:21 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

March ends like a LION!

Started by NDAV8R, March 31, 2014, 08:45:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NDAV8R

Well here in North Dakota we are in the middle of our 11th Blizzard of the winter season. All of our snow had just melted, only to start all over again with not just a little of snow...we had close to 12 inches of that wet crap and it started at 11:00 am this morning.  Just to the NE of us, they are estimating over 20 inches of it.
  The 50+ MPH winds started Saturday night and still blowing Hard! Zero visibility most of the day...major interstate highways are still closed. It is suppose to quit Tuesday Night.   Hope no one is stranded and ventures out on their own...we do on occasion lose a couple(die).
    They say us people up north here are tough (maybe stupid) but it does harden the mind! Many people come and then move away after their first winter here. Out in the western part (Oil Fields) of ND in December-January, when temps dropped to close to -40*F (below zero), with the addition of 30MPH winds, people were quitting at a rate of 30 an hour!
  All the Highway and street departments in every city are stressed beyond all their resources, due to the long winter.
I know I won't be sewing first thing in the morning cause I'll be snow blowing my 5 foot drift out of the driveway.
  There are worst places to live in the world, but right now I can't think of any.

Gale.
Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!

Darren Henry

Hang in there buddy---spring has to show up eventually. We've had a looonnngg cold winter up here too,but that system you're dealing with went around us in here the western part of the province ---other than the 30+MPH winds yesterday. I haven't heard how hard, but the eastern part got clobbered.

QuoteAll of our snow had just melted

I can loan you some if you don't mind a bit of ice in it.We've been "melt a little,freeze and windy for a few days,melt a little more,freeze that...". I guess it's better than the flood of 2011, but dang I'm getting tired of it.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

byhammerandhand

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

NDAV8R

Ended up with 14.5" of snow in less than 12 hours! Expecting more on Thursday and again on Monday...great!

Luv your Picture SteveA!
Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!