Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 09:21:17 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Fabric Sample Books

Started by Mr. McCoy, January 29, 2014, 04:09:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. McCoy

Where do you furniture guys get your cloth fabric sample books?

All of the different suppliers I currently use do not offer cloth furniture fabric sample books.

I need something to show my customers.

sofadoc

This question comes up often. It gets tougher every year to find a fabric supplier that is willing to give books to a new start-up business.

Greenhouse will send you books for a price, which will be refunded once you meet a yearly sales goal. Other companies have similar policies.

If you have an established business, there may be some regional suppliers that will send you some free books. What state are you in?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mr. McCoy

Thanks for your reply sofadoc. You could say I'm in start-up mode. I've been going for just over a year now. I haven't had any issues with getting samples for other types of materials. I guess I just don't have the right connections yet for good fabric that's not related to Auto or Marine.

Mr. McCoy

Mr. McCoy

Contacted Greenhouse today,getting set-up with the "Book Program". They are very nice and helpful.
Thanks again sofadoc....

sofadoc

East Texas huh? I'm in Greenville. I may be able to steer a few of my fabric salesmen your way.

Mr. McCoy

Ok sounds good.I'm in Tyler. Do you use Greenhouse often ? Are they fair on pricing and shipping?

sofadoc

Greenhouse is my top seller. Only because they flood my shop with books. I have over 300  sample books from over 15 different companies. Nearly 200 of them are from Greenhouse.

Their prices and shipping are really nothing special. They just sell well in my shop cause they have such a wide selection.

Some other fabric suppliers that serve this region are Oklahoma Supply, A&A Fabrics in Glenwood Ark., and Charlotte Fabrics in Minnesota has a rep that lives in Houston. These sales reps call on me twice a year.

One of my favorite small companies is Leon's Fabrics in Columbus Ga.

Sometimes, salesmen pick up their books at shops that haven't bought anything in a long time. So they have extra books they might be willing to give you without a start-up fee. If you will PM me your business name and address, I'll see if any of them just happen to be going through Tyler any time soon. 

baileyuph

How does Greenhouse set a shop up in samples now, a charge - refundable after a certain volume of business?

Doyle