Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 12, 2024, 03:15:02 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Consew 226 Bobbin Case Removal

Started by babock, February 08, 2014, 04:39:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

babock

I can't see to figure out how to do this. Any tips?

gene

This looks similar to my Juki LU 562, which has a smaller bobbin than the Juki LU 563.

On mine, there's a silver metal part that is shaped like the letter "C", sort of. It goes on top of the bobbin case. There are 2 really tiny screws that hold this letter "C" down. Take out the little screws, drop them in the oil pan, drop then on the floor, spend hours looking for them, find them, then duct tape them to your arm so you won't drop them again.

Then, take off the letter "C" from on top of the bobbin case, and turn the bobbin case as if you are unscrewing it and it will come off.

I hope this helps.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

sofadoc

OK, Gene must have posted ahead of me. I was thinking it was 3 tiny screws. It may be only 2. My 1508 is a big bobbin, so it has 3. I guess the small bobbin machines only have 2 ?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

babock

I know exactly what you guys are referring to. I was about ready to take them off and thought I better post on here first.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

Bruce

JuneC

Oh my...  been there.  Be certain to get a white (or solid color) sheet and spread under your sewing machine before you start.  They have a way to going bye-bye....

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Darren Henry

There are three screws ---and yes, they love to go AWOL. I like to use a magnetic screwdriver if I have to pull my bobbin case.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

gene

QuoteThere are three screws

You guys had me thinking that maybe I had a screw loose, or maybe I was one screw short of a secure bobbin.  ;D

I checked my Juki LU 562, which has a smaller bobbin than the Juki LU 563. It has 2 screws.

QuoteGene must have posted ahead of me.

I like when you go to post a rely and the big warning comes up, in RED letters, about how someone just posted before you did. I wonder what the purpose of that is?

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!