Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 12:25:02 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

When a rebate is not a rebate???

Started by gene, January 06, 2014, 05:31:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

January 06, 2014, 05:31:14 am Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 05:32:19 am by gene
I got my Rowley's 2014 catalog.

They are selling a brand of metal curtain rods. They have retail prices listed for these rods and then they show a list of rebates based on your total purchase price.

The rebates are for future orders of the metal rods.

Menards, a hardware store similar to Home Depot and Lowes, opened a new store here in town recently and they did the same thing. Big adds for rebates and discounts!!! But, the small print stated that you could only use them for future purchases at Menards.

I think this stinks. If it's a rebate or discount then let me put my money in my pocket, not allow the store to keep my money in an interest bearing account for themselves, and, lock me into buying future products from them.

My life is such that it's getting really difficult for me to find things to complain about! But, I shall endeavor to persevere.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Yeah, they shouldn't call it a rebate. They should just say "store credit".

I think we've all became desensitized to all the catchy advertising ploys.

I like the car dealers who promise to give me a $1000 if they can't meet or beat any other dealer's advertised price. I wonder how many of THOSE checks they've written.

Remember "The Lucy Show" episode where Lucy saw the commercial "If you don't agree that these are the best beans you've ever tasted, we'll DOUBLE your money back!"

So Lucy took 2 cans of beans back to the store and got double her money. She used that money to buy 4 cans, then 8 cans, and so on........until she had enough money for new furniture.

Then she opened one of the cans, and realized that they truly WERE the best beans she had ever tasted. So she had to give back all the new furniture.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

Greed and business ethics. Guess which won out during this generation ?

It makes me sick.

Chris