Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 11:23:56 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

It's snowing ! Really

Started by scarab29, November 12, 2013, 06:45:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scarab29

Just installed a enclosure on a contender yesterday and wake up to snow coming down ! Got some winter work lined up in the shop so it looks like indoor work mostly from here on out. 
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

Mike

November 12, 2013, 08:51:14 am #1 Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:52:00 am by Mike
80 and overcast here
I had my fill of that john

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

Snow happens every year and we act as if it's something new.  ;D Or, at least I always act as if it's something new.

We got snow here in SW Ohio this morning. Beautiful.

I think I would miss the changing seasons if I lived someplace warm and beautiful and awesome and peaceful and content all year round.

gene

PS: Obama ordered the government to begin making plans for global warming recently. This means finding ways to raise additional taxes. But wouldn't it be interesting if people from Florida started retiring to North Dakota because North Dakota had sub tropic weather all year round?

We could tell our grandkids how, when we were young, there was this white stuff that came down from the sky and it was really cold. You could squeeze it into a ball and throw it at cars as they drove by. We called it 'snow'. LOL

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

scarab29

Love the first snow of the year . Only way I got the kid out of bed today by telling him its snowing. He jumped up right away to see it ! Hate the first snow also. People drive stupid. Everyone thinks they need to rush out and get milk and bread . Love the change of seasons but just got back from vegas and it was nice out there ! Gonna be in the 50s this weekend here so still not bad. We never get any snow here before Christmas anyway .
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

Mike

I used to have the weather channel on all the time waiting for  snow especially when I had a new sled.
I envied the lake effect snows off the great lakes

bobbin

About 20 degrees this AM.  Cold front blew in yesterday morning.  I noted that the minimum temperature on the oil-fired furnace had been met (50 degrees), goosed it to 55 and then lit the wood stove.  Had to reload the stove about 3PM, too.  It's supposed to warm up tomorrow and Friday, but "warm ups" will be few and far between until April, methinks!

Grebo

November 16, 2013, 12:20:05 am #7 Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 12:20:32 am by Grebo
Who mentioned snow. !

Honesty these computer viruses get everywhere.

It's Spain by the way my place this morning.

Suzi

Mike

sable palms are hardy suzi but that's just wrong. palms and snow

gene

November 16, 2013, 05:53:28 am #9 Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 05:57:19 am by gene
Global warming! I always new Al Gore, inventor of the internet and best friend of Al Jazeera, was right!

Hey Grebo, I mentioned my post about the dog poop, including your reply from Spain, to a group of friends. They have all been to Spain more than once and every one of them started telling tales (or tails) of their experiences with dog poop and general garbage in many different cities throughout Spain.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Grebo

Yes it's incredible, everyone complains about it but little is done about it.
Fly tipping is unbelievable, it seems if it gets tipped over a bank ( any sort ) it magically disappears.
You can be in the most bueatiful spot & there's a pile of rubbish just over the hedge or just off the road or right on the edge of a village.
We even went to a cave village, where the toilets literally emptied out through a wall into a little stream !
That was it, no processing or anything.

Yet when we go to countries like Austria & Germany the countryside is spotless.

Suzi

Mike

Sounds like you need a campIgn. There like we had in the 70s with the crying indian seeing trash.
Back then it was nothing to toss trash out the car window. Or a empty soda can i tothe ocean.

Darren Henry

Probably not the same system as hit Suzi ---but we got our first real snow yesterday here in Neepawa Manitoba (I'm still at Dad's). There is quite a bit of drifting,but I'd guess around 3 inches and still some light snow in the area. We could have done without the freezing rain first.I have to go home tonight (hour and change) and am on the road for work tomorrow. An hour north--45 minutes east---an hour and a half home; on good roads.Mercifully it waited until after Friday. Alot of people travelled alot of miles to pay their respects.I wouldn't want them to be out in this ---stuff.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Darren Henry

November 23, 2013, 07:03:12 am #13 Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:07:07 am by Darren Henry
And then it turned cold. Minus 25 º C or 13 below F right now; wind chills in the -30 º C range the last two days. We don't normally see this until late Dec. or Jan. Mike, could you send me a bucket of that 78 º F you're hoarding?...I'll send you some frozen Timbits ™.  ;D

I came across this video going through Dad's computer last weekend . Probably not some thing Y'all see often

Subject: Bears in Canada

Bloody dangerous place Canada... the bears are huge and very curious...

See what happens when a huge brown bear decides to take a closer look at a film shoot for a washing machine

Actually a very clever commercial -  what will they think of next.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/eryxAcsTcOA?rel=0
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

November 23, 2013, 02:46:32 pm #14 Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 02:50:03 pm by Mike
Darren I sleep with a window open and a ceiling fan on every night