Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 09:26:14 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Fusion from Ultrafabrics LLC

Started by JuneC, October 19, 2013, 05:41:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

Just got in a sample ring from YourAutoTrim of the Fusion "vinyl" from Ultrafabrics.  They were the only place I found selling the samples.  VERY nice stuff.  Feels like a beefier version of UltraLeather, but with the same finish.  It's apparently MSRP at around $25 a yard.  Not as many colors as UltraLeather, but really nice fabric and price.  One nice thing they did was add some polyester to the rayon backing, making it less subject to humidity.  Count me happy....

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mojo

Now you have me curious. I swear I have a fusion card in my sample book that MiamiMike sent me.

If it is the same thing then that is some awesome vinyl.

Chris

JuneC

October 19, 2013, 08:36:46 pm #2 Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:50:36 pm by JuneC
Ok, I must be mistaken.  It has to be different.  Miami lists the "Sea Shell" color at $97 a yard.  Yourautotrim lists it for $24 and change per yard.  Both are "Fusion" polyurethane fabrics.  However, the Miami site lists it with a 82% rayon, 18% poly backing and yourautotrim lists it with 100% polyester backing.  Has to be a knockoff.  However, I really like the samples I received.  I'd choose it any day over ultraleather.  It also as a 300,000 double-rub rating.

June

W. C. Fields

JuneC

After more research this morning, seems I put 2 and 2 together to come up with 5.  I saw the Fusion Polyurethane for $25 a yard, did some searching to see what it might be, found Ultrafabrics LLC (makers of Ultraleather) to have a "Fusion" line, but they are NOT the same.  The color names are different, the color selection is different, and the price is certainly different. 

But, I still like the less expensive version if the color I need is in their collection, simply because of the polyester backing and the fact that while it's still really soft and workable, has double the Wyzenbeek rating and feels more sturdy.  I have no idea why Ultrafabrics put rayon on the back of their Ultraleather product.  It's fine for household use, but in the marine environment it sucks big time (rayon is far more absorbent than cotton and once damp, does not retract to it's original dimension when dry).

June

W. C. Fields

Mike

October 20, 2013, 02:38:40 pm #4 Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:42:22 pm by Mike
im seeing around 40s at Miami

http://www.miamicorp.com/products/VINYL/SPECIALTY/LEATHER%20ALTERNATIVES/ULTRALEATHER%20COLLECTION/UL%20ULTRA%20INNOVATION%20COLLECTION/ULTRALEATHER%20FUSION.aspx

JuneC

Well, I don't buy so much from Miami these days so their tiered pricing probably has me in the lowest tier.  I'm seeing wholesale prices of $70+ for the Fusion line.  I've been buying some interior fabrics from a member here recently - Steve at Silverstone fabrics.  Their prices are terrific and customer service is top notch.  For most run-of-the-mill marine vinyls and sew foam I just go 10 miles down the road to Keyston Bros.  They'll deliver whatever I want the next day for $6, regardless of how much/little it is.   

June

W. C. Fields

Mike

thanks june for recommending keyston b4 I like same day service also and cheap shipping

forsailbyowner

Ive had bad experiences with Keyston in largo. They seem to have to order anything I want and Ive left there emptyhanded the last 3 times there because they didnt have stock colors in stock. I thought id use a local supplier for convenience but have found miamicorp to have lower prices and I get deliveries at the same speed as waiting for keyston to order it.