Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 09:25:03 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Heading Home

Started by Mojo, October 19, 2013, 05:57:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Another rally is in the books.

This one surely did not set any records. Orders for toppers was very good but sales of table products sucked. Lets just say I am going home with alot of 303. :)

This rally was being held at the same time a very large one was going on at Atlanta Speedway so they did grab a few rigs off the attendance numbers here. They still ended up with 90 coaches. I wrote several immediate orders and will have more coming in over the winter so the trip here was worth it. I have back to back seminars to conduct today and then I am done. My booth is already loaded up.

I attended this rally simply because there were alot of association members I have never put my smiling face in front of before so through my seminars and booth I was able to get myself known to a new crowd. This is how we develop the future of our business.

Overall I feel the trip was worth it but wont do this rally again next year. I made my appearance and am now known to a new crowd and will allow my name and reputation to build from that. I am changing up our schedule for next year, eliminating some rally's and adding a couple bigger shows for 2014.

Overall, I got to spend some time on the beach as I had a site 300 feet from the ocean, I wrote some big orders, got my face in front of a new crowd but I sure didn't set any sales records. :)

I have a months worth of work at home to steam through. While I was setting here orders came through on the internet. I will be back to a frantic schedule when I get home to clear out the order board. It appears it is going to be steady all winter long.

Hope ya'll had a great week. :)

Chris

gene

Good to hear you had another successful rally. I find it amazing that 90 coaches is a "small" number.

I did watch a video last weekend about Will Smith's $2.5 million coach that he uses when on the set of a movie.

And 300 yards from the beach. Kool.

Back when I did trade shows, my favorite was the Chocolate trade show in King of Prussia, PA. My company sold specialty packaging to that industry. There were hundreds of chocolate manufactures all giving away free samples.

Have you ever noticed that there are no recipe books for left over chocolate???

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

good to here more orders came , at least you could write orders I heard you don't take a deposit so I guess it money in the bank when you done. when I've done shows I cant even write a contract all I can do is schedule appointments  to give a quote. I was thinking of starting up the show again ( only payed to do my local show with my local customers ) but im rethinking as I signed another today aqnd will be busy for 2 months as it is I don't want to overdo it :)

Mojo

Mike:

Anytime you want to do a show I would be more then happy to come down and help. I could bring
my new booth set up which is a 10 ft wall with lights across the top and you hang silk banners and pictures on. You could have the banners made up and hang them on it.

If things get slow and you feel the need to do a show and want help all you have to do is call. If I can poke holes in my schedule I will be there to help you.

My next show will be small as well, about 125 rigs in January. Then I do a big one in March with 350 rigs and then another in May with over 300 and then another in July and that one could bring in 400.

My wife is really pushing me to do a big show 5 miles from our house in February - 1,000 coaches.
But that could really cause some serious problems for me because if I wrote alot of orders I would be booked out for months. If I build a new shop and bring on a part timer no problem, but by myself no way. That big show would also put my face in front of 8 other associations which could really snowball. I have hid out from this show for 3 years and will probably hide again this year. Being a one man show I cannot handle that volume and if your slow on orders you will destroy your reputation.

Chris

Mike

I appreciate chris we really need to meet someday im just concerned 4 days awnsering questions I havnt done it in 4 years . if I do I have a table I wet up with a skirt and banners and ill need to built a moni gogher again as mine got scavenged for parts over time