Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 08:24:53 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

It's Friday - the 13th!!!

Started by gene, September 13, 2013, 06:38:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

It is amazing how many people are superstitious about things.

I'm slowly learning Mandarin Chinese and the word for "4" is similar to the word for "death", so they stay away from the word 4 even more than we do with the word "13". You would never give anyone 4 of something. That would be a big insult

In an effort to hijack my own topic, have you heard that Apple is coming out with a new product? It's called "The I Camera". You can take pictures with it without getting interrupted by phone calls.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

gene

I ran across this since I'm going on vacation tomorrow and I got almost all my work done.

Like SofaD said after his trip to the Gulf coast: I've got a ton of stuff waiting for me when I get back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzG4BcaK064

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Funny you should mention the whole Fri 13 thing.

I delivered a job to a woman this morning. She was apprehensive about me even coming to her home on Fri 13. Then she really freaked out when I handed her a bill that just happened to be the same as today's date ($913). She even called me when I got back to the shop, just to make sure that I arrived safely.

The only thing I'm worried about, is her check clearing.

I read somewhere that the Chinese form the symbol for the word "Gossip" by taking the symbol for "Woman", and grouping 3 of them together. True?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

SteveA

Friday the 13th - A day closer to the Mayweather - Canelo fight -  a little off topic but if Lawrence Welk can interrupt an upholstery discussion - can the fight?   Hoping Canelo can walk the smaller guy back - it's time for a junior middle weight change.  40 something million plus for FM to defend.  Lets see - that will take me approx. 400 years to earn - I love boxing but what is wrong with this Country -  fighters, sports stars, earning like that - Doctors, medical research personnel,  and tradesman need to be paid at a high scale -
Who do you like Saturday night ?
SA

Mike

September 13, 2013, 08:45:57 pm #4 Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:46:48 pm by Mike
9 years ago we got hit by hurricane charley on Friday the 13th , I had dinner at Applebee's and came home and had a stroke ive never gone to Applebee's since.  

the only incident today I finished and installed some sets got paid but for the first time im all caught up nothing to do but go fishing so is that good or bad

Mojo

Back in the 70's when I first got my license I jumped in the car on Friday the 13th and ran an errand. I got a ticket for speeding. That night I got another ticket for " violating the basic speed law ". I pulled a hole shot at a traffic light with a cop sitting across the street in his patrol car. Once the smoke cleared I seen his flashing lights. :)

I lost my license as I was on a years probation when you first get your license.

I blame that not on Friday the 13th but stupidity and a heavy foot back in the days of my misspent youth. :)

Chris

kodydog

Our stripper at work got caught doing 120 on the Florida turnpike. 2 years later and many hundreds of dollars he has his license back. Now he drives like a little old lady. I think he learned his lesson.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

the last ticket I got was in a suburu brat pedal to the metal going to the hospitsl hen my wife called going into labor

Mike

well satuday I discovered some jerks stole a coule rod I had stupidly left on my dock I don't knoe when they were taken possibly Friday jerks

something else I need to buy