Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 04:21:16 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Walked Out

Started by Mojo, August 27, 2013, 07:20:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I got up, closed the door, turned off the lights and walked out of the shop leaving behind several orders today.

Have you ever woke up on the wrong side of the bed and the day is just a mess ? No idea where I left my brain this AM but it sure wasn't on my shoulders. Actually this has been a week or so of Opp's.

I just couldn't get it together today for some reason. I ended up cutting some fabric too short which resulted in me having to e-mail MiamiMike and ask for 2.5 more yards of the fabric he just had delivered today. More fabric costs - more delivery charges.

Also found out today I screwed up on billing and shipped out two orders last week ( over $ 1,200 )  and never billed my customers. They both contacted me today saying " thanks for the shipment but we need to pay you ". I got my ass nawed off me by the boss for that one. Thank God for honest customers. After we did a mad search for their paperwork we found I accidentally put their invoice in the paid pile. Opp's.

I knew this was not my day ( or week ) so I shut er down early and walked out. If the wife/boss doesn't like it she can fire me..........:) Actually she said " enough for one day. Shut er down ".

The bright spot is we are heading to St Pete to see Toni Braxton tomorrow night. Love her music and she is one gorgeous woman too. My wife just may try pawning me off onto her after the week I have had. We are loading up the bus and heading to a nice resort for the labor day weekend and meeting up with friends there who have their own coach. R & R time.......I need it.....:)

Chris

MinUph

Best thing to do on those days Chris. Sometimes you have to walk away. It will be better when you get back.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Grebo

I find cockups are a sure sign that you are over tried.
You done the right thing. Make some down time or pay the consequence.

Suzi

bobbin

Oh yeah.  Sometimes you just can't win for losin'!  The more you try the worse it gets.  And on and on.

The best remedy is to just walk away.  The mistakes aren't going anywhere and will be waiting for you.  Never fails, when you return you are rested and thinking creatively.  And things turn around. 

Mike

August 28, 2013, 05:35:23 am #4 Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:36:03 am by Mike
I get bad days too. Alot of time the day goof me up like monday i got a call in the morning to go give a quote at 11:30. Be later called can i make kt 1:30. He asked cor reference to call no signy the deal. So i said F it im having late lunch. Nothing got done but i did get called back to sign so i drive back over. This happens often.