Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 02:31:59 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Metal tack strip

Started by DDandJ, July 10, 2013, 08:43:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

momto3fatdogs

I thread the needle with both ends of the thread through the eye & the loop on the end that starts the first stitch. Why do I do this? #1 I like to handstitch with 2 pieces of thread #2 Using this method does NOT create a weak point in the thread where it loops through the eye of the needle. & lastly #3 When I get to the end of the seam, I drop one thread, take a locking stitch(s) & tie it off with the tail that I dropped & then bury the knot in the fabric. So far, nothing I have ever hand sewn has ever come out on it's own. It's had to be frog-stitched with a seam ripper!

Sam

PS : Frog-Stitching = "Rip-It, Rip-It, Rip-It"  :D

scottymc

Quote from: DDandJ on July 12, 2013, 11:34:55 am
Scotty,
I considered that if I use tack strip on the last chair it will look different than the rest.  I still haven't completely decided what I'm going to do.  These are my personal chairs and I mainly took on this project for the learning experience.  If I were doing them for someone else I would do them all the same.

No one ever comes to my house.  These chairs will sit in my formal dining room and hardly get used. Ha ha.

Well they may come around now, when word gets out that there is somewhere to sit.