Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 10:30:28 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

What's the point?

Started by sofadoc, June 30, 2013, 04:30:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

Went on vacation last week. I had to work twice as hard to get all the deadlines out before I left. Then when I got back, I had to work even harder trying to catch back up. I spent the whole time on vacation fielding phone calls (I know.......my fault for answering them).

And like most vacations, everything ended up costing 3 X's as much as I had planned. Restaurants were painfully slow, and crowded. And the food was mediocre at best. The highways were parking lots.

We spent a few days on the beach at Gulf Shores, Alabama. Then we swung back through New Orleans. "The Big Easy" was anything but. More expensive, overcrowded, and downright mediocre restaurants.

And I hate to break this to the world........but a Beignet is little more than a glorified funnel cake that you can get at any county fair. And a Po' Boy isn't even as good as a Footlong from Subway.

I'm just glad to be back at work........where I can relax.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

June 30, 2013, 05:52:31 pm #1 Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 05:53:52 pm by kodydog
I know. Weekends suck too. So much real work to do. :)

Glad your back Sofa.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Grebo

I am glad it's Monday morning. After weekend, washing, cleaning, weeding etc, etc. I am bushed.

When we take a break it's usually the whole of August & may be a few days at Easter & that's your lot.
It's got to be more than a few days to be worth it & we have most of the customers trained into knowing we close for the month.
Nothing at all this year, still recovering from the double house move.

Suzi

gene

July 01, 2013, 07:20:30 pm #3 Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:20:57 pm by gene
Click you shoes together and say:

There's no place like home.

Thanks for the LOL on your vacation.

In September, we're thinking of spending two weeks driving around the Minnesota / Wisconsin / and UP of Michigan shore line of Lake Superior. I love the history of the lake, and we love the scenery.

Air flights:

Dayton OH direct to Minneapolis, MN, round trip, on Delta: $500 each.

Dayton OH, to Atlanta, GA with a 4 1/2 hour layover, then direct from Atlanta to Minneapolis, MN, round trip, on Southwest, $300 each.

944 extra miles and a 7 hour longer trip (each way) saves you $200. How does Southwest do it???

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

byhammerandhand

We'll be on the Keweenaw in August.   Have to get there before Winter.

Strange that Gene and I live about 8 miles from each other, we travel 750 miles and end up within 8 miles of each other.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison