Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 06, 2024, 02:20:32 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Ways to display fabric books.

Started by scott_san_diego, July 01, 2013, 08:54:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scott_san_diego

I am going to move my shop to larger location.  Its a big move.  About 30 yards from where I am now.  What I am looking forward to is having a dedicated space just for a show room.
Currently all my sample books and some pieces of sample furniture are part of my sewing room.

So I am trying to figure out a better way to display my books to make it easier for my customers to go through.
Any thoughts or suggestions of what you have done would be great.

This is what I currently am using.

sofadoc

Although I DO have a dedicated room just for sample books, even still, my display method is very similar to yours.

I can spend hours neatly arranging them.........and it only takes ONE customer to make my sample room look like a hurricane blew through. 

They're just not happy unless they've gone through each and every one of them. And the only way they can keep up with which ones they've already looked at, is to toss them all in one gigantic pile.

And you better believe. If there's only ONE discontinued pattern hidden somewhere in over 500 sample books........they'll find it.........fall in love with it........and just won't have anything else.

Then they run to JoAnn's and buy some cheap crap that isn't even close to the one they fell in love with.

If anyone does have some good suggestions for Scott, I'm all ears too! 
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Rich

I mounted 2x4's on the ceiling (it's a low ceiling) with strong hooks every 6" or so to hang the books with cords attached like I see in your photos. I would think you could mount them on the wall also and keep adding  2x4's until you run out of wall space. Another idea is shelves where the books could either be stacked or if vertical partitions were in place, they would stand upright.
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!