Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 05:20:27 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Doh! Ever Do This?

Started by jojo, May 26, 2013, 07:13:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

So I start sewing yesterday, and there's this horrible rattling sound, like something metal is loose. So I start to panic thinking, "this sounds horrible, and probably expensive to fix".
Then I hit the pedal again and listen closely for where exactly the noise is coming from. It's coming from the belt housing at the motor.
Turns out there were several objects in there - a bobbin, razor, a screw; you know, the things you might keep on the right side of the machine.
Felt stupid and relieved at the same time! I've got to put some kind of storage thingy on the right side of the sewing table.

Darren Henry

I don't even want to look in mine LOL.

Wait until the free end of your "bobbin spool" gets drawn down into there. I've had to dig out a few of those on other peoples machines. Of course they didn't realize they had a problem until the machine stopped completely. ::)
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

Ive had thread wind in there darren and jono anything that falls in  The crack i find in there

Grebo

May 28, 2013, 09:01:01 am #3 Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 09:03:51 am by Grebo
I get a rattle when the screw in the back half of the foot works out  ::) Gets me every time.

I have a small set of draws (on wheels) on the right, keep loads of handy junk in there & gives a good spot to plant the coffee mug.

Suzi

fragged8

I have a round magnetic tray on top of my machine for feet and bobbins etc it works well

http://www.toolsdirect2you.com/laser-2908-magnetic-parts-tray.html