Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 04:00:27 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

boat bolster attachment

Started by meyerpeter2, May 20, 2013, 08:48:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

meyerpeter2

i have a pontoon back support that i cant get to the back rest to re-screw i was thinking about what i call double Christmas trees any other sugg?? wood plank to plastic backing  thanks for any help

Mike

There got to be a way do you have a photo of the seat?
Bolster clips might help
If you cant reach the nuts

Darren Henry

I've also seen screws hidden in the folds between the sections of the coaming pad.

IF there are no joints like that and you have access to a button machine you can screw it on from the front using #6 flathead wood screws passed through a snap stud. Make up some #30 buttons on dura-snap rings and pop them onto the snap studs.There are also those cheezy plastic snap caps.

I like to use the accent colour for the buttons. Say I did it in light blue with a dark blue welt---I'd do dark blue buttons.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

forsailbyowner

May 27, 2013, 09:17:48 am #3 Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 09:25:01 am by forsailbyowner
If you dont mind in investing in a system, Been considering stocking the components for this . Looks like it would be handy to have around.

http://vimeo.com/channels/fastmount