Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 28, 2024, 01:51:01 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Fixture for rod holder

Started by Eric, June 03, 2013, 06:03:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Boston whaler conquest. Would like to make a frame that mounts to the rod holder. Does anyone know where I might find an attachment that installes into rod holder. Then transitions the angle to be straight up and down, that I can install tubing into to make a rear bow for a simple bimini?
Thanks Eric

fragged8

I think you might be on your own there Eric ?

Mike

I don't know of a fitting but ive fit a 7/8" tube in to the holders with a rubber foot nent to the angle so when they lay in the holder a top can be fixed and level then a strap hold it in secure to the holder my I made foldable with a xipper from to bach in the center of the canvas shade to facilitatwe this it also gave access to the remaining rodholders   the boat cruised fivce with the top in place at speed also

Eric

Mike, I'm looking to afix to the rod holder in hull. Then zipper (bimini aft curtain) to existing top, allowing him to sit in rear seat with coverage. They do not want me to screw mounts for a camper frame into boat, that is why I am looking at rod holder option.
Thanks Eric.

Mike

Mike

ibe done a number of fly curtians lkike this eric
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/532248_366003150139431_1114934100_n.jpg

then add grometts and with a hoat hook on the two side a grommet wil hold each side up for shad e

JuneC

Those Accon quick release deck hinges are my favorite.  Super easy to use and sleek looking when not in use. 
As for the rod-holder, most are 1.5" inside diameter so any pole inserted there isn't likely to hold tight without some sort of liner that fills out the gap.  I'd be tempted to buy some fiberglass pole/tube that will take it from 1.5" to 1" (or 7/8" if that's what you're using) and bend stainless to suit your needs.  There's an antenna place in Georgia that sells fiberglass antenna stock for ham radio buffs at a really good price.  They have tubes that nest from 1/4" all the way up to something like 2" in 1/4" increments.  If you're interested, let me know and I'll look up their website.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

if there really want to have it I a holder and not have it to use for a rod while in the shade . id try messing aroung with the mounts made for the magma gas boat grills they have mounts to hold it in a rodholder