Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 07:25:04 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Logo patches for boat covers

Started by timtheboatguy, April 16, 2013, 10:12:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

timtheboatguy

Does anyone install a patch with your biz name and phone or web site to your finished canvas work, and if so where is a good place to obtain patches that will withstand outdoor use?

Tim
http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

Mike

I got allot a long time ago at metro tag and lable.com

raindodger

Depend on what the finished work looks like............

Just kidding...

I'm going to have some made up in two sizes, a small one and a huge one.  The big one will be for on the bow of drift boat covers (easy money jobs) and the little ones for any other canvas project where a big one would be "too much" or wouldnt fit for whatever reason.

Mojo

Tim:

I just ordered and received my labels last week. I was very skeptical of ordering from these people but they did an awesome job. I supplied them the artwork and they went to town.

Richard ordered his labels from them and posted about it here so I decided to give them a try myself. Excellent service and the labels came out nice. They are woven polyester and you cannot beat their price.

I supplied them the artwork and they manufactured them exactly as I wanted. here is their ad. It is off e-bay and shows a UK price but I ordered off this same ad and had no problems. They converted the amount for me in USD.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120964271960?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I checked all the other companies others have used and they were all 3 times the money.

Chris

Mojo

Forgot to mention, if you need help let me know. If you need the art work done I can do it for you and e-mail it to you. It is a simple WordArt thing so its no biggie. be glad to help you out.

Chris

timtheboatguy

Thanks Fella's

I still need to come up with a decent logo and then I may give that company a try.
http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

scott_san_diego

Mojo,

Could you post a picture of what your label looks like.
Just trying to get an idea what other upholsters are doing with this type of label.
I have been thinking about doing this for years, but have never been able to find anyone to do it.

Thanks Scott

Mojo

April 18, 2013, 04:16:40 am #7 Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 04:21:50 am by Mojo
Scott, there is little room for much detail on these tags. I just included my name and contact info
along with the tag line " Made in America ".

Alot of my customers are veterans and staunch patriots so I included that tag line. I also wanted everyone to know I wasn't contracting my work out to a Chinese factory. :)

Here is my label done in these colors. I specified a right margin meaning that I wanted the large margin to be on the right which is where I sew it into the product.

http://s181.photobucket.com/user/throgmartin/media/SewInlabels_zps59c60231.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

As I said the company I used in Hong Kong was very reliable and did a great job. For 90 bucks you cannot go wrong. The other quotes I got were three to five times that amount. I did find a couple for less that are based here in the USA but they were printed labels which are not very good for outdoors. This company makes woven labels which are much better for outdoor applications.

My products are proudly made in America.........but don't ask me about my labels. :)

Chris

Darren Henry

The place I started in this trade at used to sew their business card in a pocket of window plastic on the inside of the side curtain if the sunbrella was wide enough to cover it or the stern curtain.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

scott_san_diego

Thank you for posting the picture of your label.  The quality of the label looks real good.

Thanks Scott

Mojo

I rolled the dice with this company but it turns out they do a lot of business in the UK and USA. Richard was happy with his labels as well.

They are very professional and their communications is excellent throughout the ordering process. Their name is Fancyweaver. You wont find better pricing anywhere else with woven labels. I am very happy with them and will use them again. :)

Let me know if you need help with your logo or setup Scott ( and Tim ). Always glad to help out my fellow stitchers.

Chris

fragged8

April 19, 2013, 05:43:40 pm #11 Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 05:44:56 pm by fragged8
these are the fancy weaver ones i sew into small covers and cushions etc..

and these ones are for canvas covers, engraved laminate plastic which i rivet on with long leg snaps, they do not weather at all and look a million times better than
most patches. Over here canvas guys mostly sew a piece of window material on the back of the cover and put a business card inside. It looks really crappy.

this one is a marble colour

this one is just black