Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 07:24:01 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

kool videos

Started by gene, March 28, 2013, 07:52:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

March 28, 2013, 07:52:59 pm Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 07:56:55 pm by gene
Hey everyone. Here's a video collection of stuff people make. Pretty kool.

http://vimeo.com/channels/thosewhomake

page 25 has Spruce, in Austin Texas. Upholsterers. I have a few designers who love their web site.

One thing I hear a lot on these videos is how people are wanting 'quality' more and more. A leather worker in England said people are tired of buying a washing machine that lasts 3 years, and a purse from China that lasts even less.

Great videos to watch on a rainy day.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mojo

Wow. There are some true masters of their craft in these videos. I have made it to page 4. I will get through them all sooner or later over the next couple weeks.

I always wished I would have been able to master a craft such as woodworking or clock making. I do not consider what I do a craft. I could easily teach someone to do what I do in a matter of a week.
Sewing square pieces of canvas is not an art.....:)

I really liked the guy who made guitars as well as the guy who takes down old barns and then makes furniture from the wood. Very cool.

Thanks for sharing Gene.

Chris

mike802

Thanks Gene:  looks like some very interesting videos, cant wait to kick back tomorrow and watch them.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

NDAV8R

HOW DARE YOU, GENE!...how dare you post a link for some great videos of some of the world's finest craftsman! I spent the last 3 hours just getting through the first 15 of the 59 pages.  I realized I have to get back to work! Thanks so much for the link which I did save so I can spend all night going through the rest.

Gale.
Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!