Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 19, 2024, 09:10:07 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

bitch, bitch, bitch

Started by gene, March 28, 2013, 03:32:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

March 28, 2013, 03:32:07 pm Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:38:24 pm by gene
Here's mine:

Homeowners willing to destroy their own furniture to try to get a refund on their bill. Welt cord hanging down with staples sticking out. Yep. That's the way I left it. Oh, wait a minute. I TOOK PICTURES!!! That was not the way I left it. I left it looking GREAT!!! They pulled it out with pliers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They took pictures laying on the floor that show staples UNDER THE FURNITURE!!! In case there's a big earthquake and the furniture gets thrown out onto the front lawn, upside down, they want to make sure it looks good to the neighbors???

Don't we all cover the staples on the bottom of furniture with gimp? And if I did, these people would be complaining about the gimp being the wrong color.

The only problem is that they do not want to pay their bill.

Sick, mentally ill, on drugs, crooks, or just nasty people. Thank goodness they are few and far between.

I've had only one other such customer. They said my double welt cord fell apart. Their pics showed torn threads all over the place. I use #52 mono thread and you cannot tear that stuff with your hands. These people clearly pulled out the double welt cord with pliers or something and cut the threads with scissors. I think for these folks it was a drunken rage that resulted in damaged furniture. But, they were sober when they lied and tried to blame it on me!!!
And then they got angry when confronted with the truth! I even mentioned AA and that really got them mad. LOL To be honest, I think I mentioned AA only in the hopes that it would get them mad. It did, and I felt a wee bit better for it.

So, anything been irritating you lately?

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

I made several return trips to a customer's house to troubleshoot a problem that he had with his sleeper mech not closing properly. I could never get the mech to malfunction when I was there. After I would leave, he would call the furniture store and complain about my ineptness.

The final trip, I just happened to arrive at his house before he did. His mother let me in, where I discovered the mech folded up with 8 blankets still on the mattress. On previous service calls, he always removed the blankets before I got there, and never mentioned them.

The store ended up replacing the sofa twice over the next few months. Eventually, they picked up the sofa, and gave him his money back.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

I have a guy wanted a bow cover and. O kpit covEr cor his bost hes leaving firdt of april   Deadline.
So he called last thursday. And i said hi. Ill be over criday last friday to make the patterns. He said well the boat is gone for service. Monday he called the boat was done. But the weather was to windy for him to be confortable. Omming home. 1 trip. Normally.  But the marina said i could make my patterns therr it was ok with then.  Somi drive over get there a kut. 11Am. Could get on the boat without  insurance so i call my agent.  Not in the office so i wait. And wnd up
Leaving.  The guy waited till good weather to drive bring it home( a bathtub sailor) called me wendday morning at 830. Hes leaving should be back at 10 am. I get a call it slow going and will be about 1 pm. So the day was shot. I went to his house this morning installed snaps and made the patterns    Then he sais hes not peaving on monday. But now sunday.   Anyway ive got to sew them up tomorow and if fime install. Or saturday install
All week waiting on this guy.

JuneC

I run into the same thing with some marinas I do work for.  They mark up my work into the stratosphere and so the boat owners look for every possibility to complain.  It's not that the work isn't good - it's that "if I paid THAT much, I have to find fault SOMEWHERE" and get it changed.  PITA people....  

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

byhammerandhand

Just got off the phone with a know-it-all who is upset with his wife for buying furniture and "now he has to get involved, which is the last thing he wants to do."   He claims that since he has a three piece sectional that all three pieces need to be made by the same person on the same day or they won't sit the same.   I suppose this is from his extensive knowledge of the furniture manufacturing business.   He claims bucket seats are made this way for cars.  Not looking forward to this call on Monday.  He's already called the company to complain over and over because the original person assigned to do the claim wasn't nice to him (or something??)   Gene, want to go with me?
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

baileyuph

March 29, 2013, 04:42:18 pm #5 Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 05:58:27 pm by DB
Some of my new furniture work is in a similar relationship as you boat guys are in by going through the marina.  People with new furnitue will complain about the furniture merely because of the cost to them.  They too will call headquarters in a New York minute.  So, if my work isn't working out right, I will just stop and request replacement parts, that makes my part lower risk.  I don't feel I should have to take the heat.........didn't build it or sell it!

Doyle

Mike

Well i patterned the job thursday. Sewed it this morning and installed it after lunch. I wanted to do it last friday and finnish. Monday. But the guy was sorry it got messed up but in the brightside. Happy customer with a cover. Leaving sunday. I fot paid and the neighbor bought a new boat i i got a new job eith the neighbor also.

bobslost

I can sympathize with you on the new furniture service calls.  When I first started in the business I worked for an office supply company and had to do service calls.  Between the inexpensive furniture , the careless delivery  people and some of the crazy customers it can be quite a challenge.
Now if I am asked to do any type of service call I take before and after pictures and always get a signature from the customer.

JDUpholstery

on service calls I do the same, I have a line at bottom of invoice "product delivered with repairs completed in good condition on XX date" then the customer has to sign it....its funny the kind of stuff you see on a service call, not just the furniture but the customers houses to boot

gene

QuoteHe claims bucket seats are made this way for cars.

The only auto upholstery I've done was a GREAT success. A guy down the sidewalk from me bought a pick up truck. The driver's seat was all torn up from having been used constantly. He asked if I could reupholster it. I told him no. Later I happened to think about it and I told him that driver's and passenger's seats are often the same, with a few electrical connections sometimes being the only difference.

The passenger seat was never sat in in this truck. He changed the seats around and made it a point to thank me. Thank goodness the same person made both seats! LOL

Keith, I'll ride 'shotgun' for you - literally. (Just joking. Don't send Keith emails about how guns kill people and we need to pass more gun restriction laws because criminals are not obeying the laws we currently have but if we just get enough laws that make sure that law abiding citizens do not have any guns, then, and only then, will criminals finally start obeying laws )

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Darren Henry

Quote(Just joking. Don't send Keith emails about how guns kill people and we need to pass more gun restriction laws because criminals are not obeying the laws we currently have but if we just get enough laws that make sure that law abiding citizens do not have any guns, then, and only then, will criminals finally start obeying laws )

Don't get me started Gene! >:( While Canada is still not as restrictive as Europe,Australia, or the U.K we have been doing what you folks are looking at after those horrific shootings, since the early '80's----campaign to fight "crime"/realize that you can't catch criminals/make a big show of slapping more regulations on the legal and responsible owners of firearms because the punks and gangs won't register their pistols (required here ,with permits and strict rules) since 1939.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!