Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 04:15:42 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Leather Question

Started by Mojo, March 12, 2013, 11:05:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I have read alot on the subject of treating leather or also known as leather cleaning/conditioning.

My questions are how often should leather furniture be treated ?

What conditioner do you recommend ?

I have read that it should be vacumed and wiped clean with a damp soft cloth every couple weeks. It is also recommended that you condition only twice a year.

We have all leather furniture, one of the couches is high end Italian leather. What do you leather experts recommend for conditioner and how often ?

Thanks guys and gals.

Chris

Miami Mike

Maintenance:Do dust your leather with a soft dry cotton cloth on a regular basis. Dust and oils from human skin can wear down the leather over time. Don't use an abrasive brush or a microfiber cloth. Also, keep your leather furniture from being exposed to the sun, which can cause discoloration.

Use Distilled Water Only:Do remove or minimize a stain by blotting with distilled water. Blot at the stain until the towel or rag comes back dry. Then let the stain sit for 24 hours before re-evaluating it. Don't soak your leather in tap water or cleaner, as this could create a worse stain than the original. Please don't use a rubbing motion! Gently blot as much of the stain away as possible.

Butter Or Grease Stains:Do use a neutral soap (Ivory bar soap) if you need to clean a greasy surface. Some stains that are caused by greasy substances may require that the cloth be dampened in a dilute solution of a neutral soap and distilled water. Don't clean a grease stain with water only! Also avoid oils, saddle soap, cleaning solvents, furniture polish, varnish, abrasive cleaners, detergent soaps, or ammonia water. Oil-based cleaners tend to stretch leather, diminish the color, and pull at the stitching.

Bi-Annual Cleaning:Do use a factory authorized leather protection conditioner at least bi-annually. Be sure to focus on the nooks and crannies such as seat cushions and arm rests. Test your cleaner/conditioner in a hidden spot before using it on the entire leather furniture piece! Don't neglect your furniture. Routine upkeep will make your furniture last longer.

We offer Lexol cleaner and conditioner. 303 as well.
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

Mojo

You sell lexol Mike ?

Thanks for the info. You Dah man. :)

Chris

Miami Mike

Internet help, yes we sell lexol. We have a large selection of cleaners and protectant
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

scarab29

Lexol is the shizzy. I have a customer with white leather couches that comes in for it all the time. Great on the wifeys expensive handbags too!
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.

Darren Henry

Lexol has good products;but I haven't used their conditioner/cleaners etc...in a while. The other two product that I used to use back in the shoemaker life were: Tana's protector 16, it is an aerosol "protector" to keep skin oils etc from staining new leather (arm rest's, jacket cuffs,etc...); The other is a Fiebing"s brand product called "Care 4". It is a liquid cleaner/conditioner/moisturizer /protectant. Like all the other Fiebing's products I use; this stuff is the goods!

I get mine from my shoe findings wholesaler or Tandy/Leathercraft. I have also seen it offered in retail shops.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!