Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 28, 2024, 11:30:56 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

shipping

Started by ginnyd, March 04, 2013, 12:46:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ginnyd

Hi, I watched the video and it was a good one. Thank-You for the heads up on the reverse. I agree it's not a huge deal , but I would have been surprised not knowing this. I guess I would rather have reverse than not but I will take that into consideration. The good part is it comes with everything I need to start up. If the shipping isn't to bad than I wouldn't mind the price.  Thanks again,  ginnyd

Mojo

Ginny:

I forgot to add that the nice thing about buying from Bob is that the machine will be delivered
ready to sew. No further adjustments will be needed. I bought my first machine ( brand new ) from an online dealer and I screwed with that for 3 months till I got it to sew right. It was so far off on timing it wasn't funny. When I bought my machine from Bob I was up and sewing in hours. It sewed perfectly.

Buying a used machine from someone on craigslist or from a private party could cost you a couple hundred dollars more and alot of frustration. Some of these people sell machines that have worn out hooks, tension discs and take ups and worst of all the machine is out of time. Unless you can fix all this yourself your going to have to take it to a sewing machine dealer or repair person to have it fixed. if one isnt near you then it will have to be shipped out for repair.

If Bob sends you a machine it will be all setup, worn parts replaced and it will be ready for to sew. Your better off spending a little more now on a good machine that has been professionaly setup then having to spend alot more later.

Best of luck with your decision and purchase.

Chris

JDUpholstery

One of my machines lacks reverse, and it did not take me long to get into the habit of either turning it around and back stitching, or raising the foot and sliding it back an inch as sofadoc said, reverse is convenient, but not necessary, if the price is right....

I have Progressive Relapsing MS so mine is a little more aggressive than yours apparently, it would be nice to have it remit as much as yours does, glad you are getting back on your feet and doing something you enjoy, it is worth it