Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 06:40:45 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Dont forget daylight saving

Started by Mike, March 10, 2013, 10:22:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

gene

Who would have thought that we would be giving away our age by reminding people to turn back/forward their clocks.

I mentioned this to my son this morning and it is totally irrelevant to him. All his clocks are digital that automatically change themselves.

Does anyone still have a clock that actually plugs into a wall outlet? LOL

And, I wouldn't mind having a friend who takes me to lunch on their yacht.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

does the forum look messed up to everyone ? on my I phone its ok.  I got up gene hD COFFEE AND MY KITCHEN CLLOCK WAs normal then I sat down and looked at my clock on my phone and saw it was an hour off

Mike

auto clocks or not  I woke up and hour late  and left work with more sunlight so I did one of my favorite thing layed in the grass under a palm tree with a cold drink when I got home

Can-Vas

You lucky dog Mike...  still a little too cool and wait to do any grass lyin' here!

Also still trying to recover sleep from the time-change!! haha
I'd rather be sailing..  - but if ya gotta work it's nice to be around boats!

Mojo

Mike

I wake up an hour later niw who wants to go inyo work when its dark anyway. I eish they sould leave it as it is

Rich

This is a subject that always gets me riled up. Would someone tell me why we still bother ourselves with this nonsense? We just got plunged into what I call "The second darkness" (the couple of weeks after we "spring ahead").
Why can't we just pick a time format and stick with it year round?
The best suggestion I've heard was in my local paper. Someone suggested that to keep everyone happy, next time change, we move back one half hour instead of an hour AND KEEP IT THERE!
Of course, now, like you said, we have the additional problem of computers that were programmed to react to this archaic time change and they'd be out of sync unless something could be done with them.
OK, I'm done >:(
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

sofadoc

I've heard several reasons for DST. Such as farmers can "get up with the sun" and still be in sync with the rest of society. Children don't have to walk to/from school in the dark. And back in the day, it was said to increase voter turnout at election time. Extra daylight in the evening is supposed to encourage more outdoor activity.

All good reasons.........all flawed and/or outdated reasons.

In Texas, 7:00 PM is the hottest, humidest time of the day during the summer. I wish it would get dark at 5:00 PM.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

I like sun in the evening but I hate when its darker in the morning  I wake up and it still dark and I like to have a cup of coffee on my patio but not when its darker cooler so I wait beside I cant go pattern a cover till the boat dries off too.
sounds like you have it worse in Texas sofa and everyone here snowbirds say oh I don't know how you can stand the Florida summer .