Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 11, 2024, 03:22:31 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

An interesting read.

Started by jsquail, March 01, 2013, 08:42:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jsquail

Gloucester Canvas
www.gloucestercanvas.com
I can be found on Facebook and Google+ as Gloucester Canvas

Mojo

I have always been a corporate suit and tie kind of guy. But if I was looking at a trade as a young man I would look at the following: Diesel mechanic, HVAC, Auto Mechanics, Electronics tech.

Diesel mechanics are in short supply and make big money. We are also getting more and more diesels on the road through trucking, etc. HVAC tech's will always be needed and they make decent money.

Outside of that I have told college bound kids ( when they would listen ) study and obtain a degree in anything medical related. Ultrasound, X Ray, MRI tech's, RN's all make a good living with good benefits.

Sorry but I would not suggest the trade we all find ourselves in. To many of us are geared towards toys - RV's, cars and boats and as the standard of living drops and fuel prices rise these toys will become less and less. We have already seen what is happening to the furniture industry. Buy it, use it for 5 years, donate it to Goodwill and buy new.

I am just trying to squeeze a few more bucks for a few more years out of an industry that seems to be shrinking. :(

Chris