Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 07:11:04 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Hand Pain

Started by timtheboatguy, January 29, 2013, 08:18:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Happy Birthday old timer.

Ohhhh to be young and good looking like me..........:)

Hope your day is special. Enjoy Dennis.

Chris

gene

Happy B Day, sofa D.

I hear they're starting to give  in the evenings to the men who live in Nursing Homes. It keeps them from rolling out of bed.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

regalman190

Happy Birthday Sofa Doc.

When they say you're as old as you feel.....BULL!!!

My pains are in my neck and lower back. Climbing all over boats to pattern and install enclosures is the start. Then sitting at the sewing machine brings the pain to a peak and decreases my range of motion!

When it gets unbearable, I go to my Chiropractor. He pops me with his "activator gun"...like crammage said....a few clicks against the vertebrae and the range of motion is back. Pain subsides over a few days, but Advil takes care of that.
Regal Canvas

Tejas

I don't think that Voltaren is recommended for arches. It seems to be effective where the problem is lose to the surface. My wife uses it for hands. I used it for elbow pain and occasional hands. It didn't seem to work for heel pain.
Dave

Juki 1508; Bernina 217 with CAM Reader

Darren Henry

Happy Birthday Dennis. Have you tried arch supports? If they don't help your next step would be orthotics.

Quoteused to be big, covered a good section of northern Ontario.

What do you consider "Northern Ontario", Pat? I had a shop in Kenora [last set of traffic lights before you enter Manitoba] Before I moved back to the prairies.I'm in Brandon now.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

sofadoc

Quote from: Darren Henry on January 31, 2013, 03:15:04 pm
Happy Birthday Dennis. Have you tried arch supports? If they don't help your next step would be orthotics.
Believe me, if they've invented it, I've tried it.
The custom orthotics allow me to function, but they're not a cure.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

pat

Hey Darren I consider Northern Ontario - Sudbury to Saulte Ste Marie and I was right in the center of it, Elliot Lake, I had a great range, did repairs for all the major Furniture Co. ( didn't last, have a hard time lying constantly) large cottage country, boats from Blind River on Lake Huron. Was a great place, great business, then life changed. Now in Muskoka, lol.

Darren Henry

QuoteNow in Muskoka

I'd love to get DOWN there for your wooden boat parade; but, gawdam that's a long ways southeast of Kenora. Our   :-\ ( ---technically "their" since my house is rented out and I'm here--) wooden boat parade only had like 32 entries last summer. I'm 550 clicks over to T-Bay, how much further down to Muskoka?  Elliot lake?

Dennis;

QuoteThe custom orthotics allow me to function, but they're not a cure.

My last posting as an orthopaedic shoe maker was working for an orthotist. He "bladed" me large years after I moved onto upholstery and ended a very long friendship. I haven't spoken to the man, even if he were in the room, since '08, so this is no tribute to him, but I respect what I learned working with him.There are "custom orthotics" and there are custom crafted orthotics. Done correctly,with your (brief description of your) condition, you should be able to work comfortably all day and then take the Missus out dancing. I hear you Texan's are big into that LOL

I've three questions;  A)When was last follow up visit? 3-6 months is a maximum.
B) Is the entire bottom of the appliance posted? By that I mean is the space between the appliance and the insole of your shoe filled in? or is it just bouncing up and down inside your shoe?
C) The biggy is; How were you assessed? If you stepped in a box of foam or a pressure pad etc... You bought snake oil. I've already kinda jacked the thread 'cause we started about hand so I'll try not to bore the readers. Short version; if you just assess in a weight bearing position the best you can hope for is some relief. If you cast the foot (yeah, like the stuff for broken bones) after you have manipulated it into a "neutral" position, or as close to a normal healthy alignment as comfortable and then make last from there, you can actually correct the alignment of the 26 bones in the foot and help the muscles and ligaments heal. [No!, the pun is spelled heel].

If I had the $ people paid for "custom orthotics" ,that I threw out after we made them a pair that way and then adjusted them as the improvements developed I'd be a wealthy man.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

sofadoc

Darren: Sounds like you know a lot about this stuff. I'm interested to hear what you think.
But like you, I don't want to bore the other readers, so I'll PM you.

Thanks,
Dennis
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban