Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 11:19:20 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Fellow employee. What would you do?

Started by kodydog, December 27, 2012, 07:39:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

January 02, 2013, 05:39:55 pm #15 Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:37:24 am by kodydog
First day back at work. Everything went smooth. Sam helped the boss with chores around the house during vacation and may have discussed the bonus issue with him. A few offhanded remarks about bonuses between the four other workers but none directed at me. Will see what the rest of the week brings. The way I look at it is I brought several high dollar accounts with me and this small bonus was a thank you.

JD I like your idea, "That is standard psychology 101, reprimand privately and reward publicly....its meant to say thanks on one hand, and motivate others on the other hand. If he brings it up, I'd just smile and walk away!"

I've never worked in a place that the workers have such animosity toward each other. Its not unusual to hear a shouting match or cussing at each other. I try to stay neutral in all arguments and have earned the nickname Switzerland.

Today was unusually productive and congenial throughout the workroom. Should be an interesting year.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

Quote from: kodydog on January 02, 2013, 05:39:55 pm

I've never worked in a place that the workers have such animosity toward each other. Its not unusual to hear a shouting match or cussing at each other.
Back in my 20's, I worked at an airplane hangar with about 200 other guys. Prison can't possibly be much worse. If you didn't stand up for yourself, you were destined to be someone's bitch.

My wife and daughters work at places that are 90% female. After listening to some of their stories, I think I'd rather take my chances in prison. I thought all work places were chocked full of animosity. But I've been out of the loop for so long, I can't say.

I could see where a little cussing and shouting might be healthy if it helps to avoid punches thrown.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

byhammerandhand

I'm about 1/4 way through reading this book.   Had a few interesting case studies on "corporate culture" at Alcoa, Starbucks, Rhode Island Hospital, and the London Underground (subway).  A take-away is that a hostile environment is neither productive nor safe.

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Habit-What-Life-Business/dp/1400069289
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Darren Henry

My employer has found a unique way to foster team spirit and fellowship amongst the staff; The man is so abusive,vulgar,and uncouth that we are bound by our mutual loathing of the how he treats the customers and of course the harassment we that we endure to be overpaid that much. I wouldn't recommend this model;but I've never worked with a tighter knit crew in the civilian world.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!