Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 10, 2024, 11:25:57 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Have I lost my mind?

Started by JDUpholstery, August 19, 2012, 03:41:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JDUpholstery

So I was just practicing a few fun things and using scraps I had around my shop...I did not have enough of any one color to do the whole chair....

This is the Before

This is the after

at least it is patriotic....was having fun with sew foam and my new machine, learned alot about my machine doing this and got a feel for it more before I have a customers item under the needle

Mike

August 19, 2012, 04:28:28 pm #1 Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 05:56:42 pm by MikeM8560
Looks. Meet more fun with pleats. I had a buddy once who asked me to take my
Scraps and make it a tonno for his truck   A green truck so I got some nice green to match. He said I wanted it to look like a quilt with squares of all different colors. I told him cor that kinda of sewing I'd have. ChArged him.

gene

If the emblem on the back is supposed to be a star, then yes, you have lost your mind.

If not, then it's a great way to practice your new machine and whether or not you have lost your mind is not relevant to this particular situation.

Nice work!

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

JDUpholstery

LOL, not supposed to be a star! I actually have that same pattern reversed on the back of the back as well...if I had planned ahead and realized I was going to do it in red/white/blue I might have done a star, as it stands I just started drawing curves and figured what comes out is what comes out lol, thanks for the vote of sanity!

Mojo

I learned how to sew by making covers, bags, pouches and do-dads for everything. The more time you spend with your machine the better you get. :)

Nice work. :)

Chris

fragged8

I keep thinking i'd like to sew up a chair for my customers to
sit on with a Union Jack pattern in the seat..

Trouble is i'm already on the bad side of insane and think that it might make
me worse heheeh

ajlelectronics

Quote from: fragged8 on August 20, 2012, 03:18:48 pm
I keep thinking i'd like to sew up a chair for my customers to
sit on with a Union Jack pattern in the seat..

Sounds great, unless you get the flag upside down. So don't let anyone afloat see it. :-)