Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 07:53:28 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

The Flintstones

Started by gene, May 20, 2012, 07:12:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

OK. Who believes that man and dinosaurs lived together, at the same time, on this old planet that we call earth?

I had never thought about this before. I actually have always thought, or just assumed, that dinosaurs lived a long time before man ever appeared (even when I used to believe in the creation story found in the Bible). I also never thought this issue had anything to do with religion. I've obviously been living a sheltered life.

I said something to my niece and a family friend recently and they were shocked that I didn't think man and dinosaurs lived together. I asked my wife and she said she believes that they did also.

From the forum, 10,000 B.C.: "Hey folks. I just finished carving this rock that can run down the hill faster than I can. I think I will call it a "wheel". Would it be best to cover it in Agujaceratops hide or a Majungasaurus hide?"

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Ya gotta have a "corner cut-out" welt foot for sewing Agujaceratops leather. But I hear that the Majungasaurus hide makes a smoother french seam.
One of the first points that a Bible skeptic will always raise is "Why aren't there any Dinosaurs mentioned in the bible?".
Apparently, those first 7 days outlined in Genesis 1 were REALLY lo-o-o-o-ong days.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

I'm sure the creator of the Flenstones did his research and here's proof.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

CKKC

Quote from: sofadoc on May 20, 2012, 08:30:26 am

One of the first points that a Bible skeptic will always raise is "Why aren't there any Dinosaurs mentioned in the bible?".
Apparently, those first 7 days outlined in Genesis 1 were REALLY lo-o-o-o-ong days.

Well, the Bible does state that "A day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is
as a day."

byhammerandhand

Good  question.  I found the answer, which must be true, because it was on the internet via Google

"When did dinosaurs become extinct?

Dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago (at the end of the Cretaceous Period), after living on Earth for about 165 million years. If all of Earth time from the very beginning of the dinosaurs to today were compressed into 365 days (1 calendar year), the dinosaurs appeared January 1 and became extinct the third week of September. (Using this same time scale, the Earth would have formed approximately 18.5 years earlier.) By comparison, people (Homo sapiens) have been on earth only since December 31 (New Year's eve). The dinosaurs' long period of dominance certainly makes them unqualified successes in the history of life on Earth. "

I watched a PBS program on Richard Leakey this week and I suppose it depends upon what you mean by "human."   Early proto-human remains have been found from as much as 4 million years ago.  Do you suppose Richard got teased much in Junior High School?
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

kodydog

Quote from: CKKC on May 20, 2012, 11:31:34 am
Well, the Bible does state that "A day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is
as a day."

Interesting quote but do you think god really cares about the relevance of time. Time is a man made concept.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

May 20, 2012, 05:38:51 pm #6 Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:40:34 pm by gene
From the same internet, Mr. Byhammerandhand:

"The Bible clearly teaches that  humans and dinosaurs (called "dragons" in the past) were created on the same day.  One must engage in hermeneutical back flips to interpret the Bible in any other way on this point.  It also goes on to describe interactions between humans and these creatures."

Oh my goodness! Who do I believe? I think I will choose to believe the one who is omniscient (all knowing), omnipresent (everywhere at the same time), and omnipotent (all powerful): yes, my wife.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

CKKC

Quote from: kodydog on May 20, 2012, 02:29:40 pm
Quote from: CKKC on May 20, 2012, 11:31:34 am
as a day."

Interesting quote but do you think god really cares about the relevance of time. Time is a man made concept.

That is kind of what I was getting at.   

Peppy

Quote from: kodydog on May 20, 2012, 02:29:40 pm
Time is a man made concept.

I'm pretty sure time is a feature of our universe, everything in it experiences time in the same direction as everyone else. I think you mean the clock is a manmade concept. Not every being perceives time the same. A fruit fly and a blue whale both experience the passage of time but time moves at different speeds for different things. Time is relative, some guy once said.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠