Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2024, 03:59:29 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Looking for steel webbing

Started by MinUph, May 24, 2012, 04:00:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

Who handles this now a days? Not Never sag with the built in spring holders just flat steel webbing. And Strong Hold nails.
As a side does Burch Co. still offer supplies? I see no mention of it on the site.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

Yes, Burch still has a nice supply catalog. I can send you my old '09 copy if you want.
They have 300 ft. rolls of Anchor steel webbing listed in it. It has the nail holes punched in it.
They also have the  1" Stronghold nails in a box of 500.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

MinUph

Thanks Sofa. I threw my catalog out it was pretty old.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

Is this the stuff you're talking about? Scroll down about halfway to: steel webbing
http://albanyfoam.com/images/Page_24.pdf

ahkahn

It's been a few years since we've carried it.  What is the use for steel webbing?

-Andrew

sofadoc

Quote from: ahkahn on May 24, 2012, 06:34:29 pm
It's been a few years since we've carried it.  What is the use for steel webbing?
It's used to reinforce jute or poly webbing.

sofadoc

Quote from: ahkahn on May 24, 2012, 08:00:36 pm
Thanks, Sofadoc.  Does it go on top of the jute (across) over the frame?
Yes, but Anchor steel webbing is not to be confused with Never-sag steel webbing, which actually takes the place of jute webbing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auXP3L1Toac

Anchor steel webbing isn't used much anymore. Probably because most everything has No-sags, or some type of elastic webbing.

I'm not surprised that you don't carry it anymore. I don't think that it was ever a hot after-market item. Too bad, it can be very effective in the right circumstance.

ahkahn

Thanks again, Sofadoc!  I learn something new every day!

-Andrew

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!